AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk2) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk2-discussion-120/)
-   -   Audi TT Interior LED Lighting Package (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk2-discussion-120/audi-tt-interior-led-lighting-package-2796466/)

marquesalan 12-14-2010 06:21 PM

Audi TT Interior LED Lighting Package

Has anyone seen pictures or even know what the Audi TT Interior LED Lighting Package looks like on the new 2011s? I want to buy the Prestige Package but I am just curious how the lighting looks and if it's always on while driving at night.
Waiting til the February release!

qtroCUB 12-19-2010 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by marquesalan (Post 24075455)
Has anyone seen pictures or even know what the Audi TT Interior LED Lighting Package looks like on the new 2011s? I want to buy the Prestige Package but I am just curious how the lighting looks and if it's always on while driving at night.
Waiting til the February release!

I can only speak for a 2009. The door handles are always on. The center stack is illuminated but it seems very dim according to older Audi's.

Otherwise, I like the LED interior.

Americo 12-20-2010 03:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this pic on another site but here ya go.............

Stevelev 12-20-2010 04:12 AM

Anyone agree that with the interior lights on, its still quite dark in the cabin of a coupe ? I don't really care about the door handles but I seem to be missing the lower footwell lighting ...

Mike 12-20-2010 06:45 AM

I believe the footwell lighting is a European thing, I do no have it in my 2009 3.2 prestige coupe
mike

marquesalan 12-20-2010 08:56 AM

When you bought your 2009, was the LED illumination listed as part of the package or is it just the standard lighting?

Mike 12-27-2010 04:41 AM

LED interior lighting

Originally Posted by marquesalan (Post 24077874)
When you bought your 2009, was the LED illumination listed as part of the package or is it just the standard lighting?

It was listed as part of the PRESTIGE PACKAGE under LED interior lighting
mike

marquesalan 12-27-2010 05:44 AM

LED interior lighting package

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 24080854)
It was listed as part of the PRESTIGE PACKAGE under LED interior lighting
mike

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of it? I am just curious how cool it looks. I ordered a 2011 with the lighting but I have to wait 3-4 months. There are no local cars here with that option I can see in person.
Thanks!

Mike 12-27-2010 04:21 PM

LED interior lighting

Originally Posted by marquesalan (Post 24080887)
Would it be possible for you to take a picture of it? I am just curious how cool it looks. I ordered a 2011 with the lighting but I have to wait 3-4 months. There are no local cars here with that option I can see in person.
Thanks!

really nothing to see....dim overhead lights and no footwell lights....I'd be happy to try but there is nothing to see....I continually lament how dark the interior is and wish i knew how to add the european footwell lighting. It is cute but probably the least effective of the interior lights on any car I have ever owned [over 30]. It is form over function!

RoadTTripper 12-28-2010 07:52 AM

I have the LED package in my TT Coupe and actually like the fact that it is not as bright as some other cars. They are definitely dimmer than my previous TT coupe, but are bright enough to find things in the dark. The foot well lights would be a plus. If anyone figures that out I would love to upgrade them in. These lights might be dim, but unlike our Porche lights that could be used to directs ships off the coast, they are not a complete shock to the system when they come on. ;)