TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

AUDI TT Roadster Suspension Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUDI TT Roadster Suspension Issue

All,

I live in place where the roads are pretty horrible. On an average day I am driving the TT over bumpy uneven roads with small potholes.

I do not have magnetic ride and I am wondering if I am experiencing damage to the suspension system.

I first noticed issues when one day my steering wheel was suddenly always tilted to the left a bit. I took it to the dealership and they charged me 350 for an alignment. This did not fix the issue. I then took the car to my original dealer and they said nothing was wrong. So after I was persistent they did an alignment and charged me 198. After all of the steering wheel was then always tilted to the right. I then took the car to a body shop and they took it to a third party euro car mechanic shop. After getting the car back the steering wheel is straight but now every time I go over a bump I feel a very strange sensation from the suspension. It feels as if the car rocks diagonally from the rear right to the left front. It feels very unstable at mid speed going over any bump, so unstable that I feel like I will lose control.

Is there anyone out there that thing that the control rod is bent as I do? I feel like no one wants to admit that it's bent because they will have to replace it under warranty.

What do you guys think the issue is?
Old 01-30-2009, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me,, didn't the dealer do a Laser alignment?

Because any problems should have been spotted right away AT THE DEALER. And I do know what you mean about bad roads. Every time I drive out in any of our cars I'm playing dodge the pot holes! And believe it or not it doesn't take that much to really screw up you're alignment.