TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

autocrossed my MK2 today - also, a security system question

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default autocrossed my MK2 today - also, a security system question

I took part in a novice autocross event today with my barebones stock 2.0T FWD in San Diego. The competition was fellow newbies, but I was content to consistently beat most Miatas (some modified), WRX's, and Evo's. The fastest time of the day was posted by a VW GLI 3.2 with modified front sway bars and proper tires. Some race officials were taking pictures and I will post an update if they are ever put online.

The handling was a major upgrade from my only other autocross event, in a 2000 Honda Accord coupe. The acceleration of the DSG in sport mode was a noticeable strength. However, I definitely experienced constant and perpetual understeer in turns, which I hope to one day remedy with some mods. (A more throaty exhaust would be nice, as well.)

So anyhow, I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a way to disable the beep our cars make when locking the doors with the key fob? I feel bad whenever announcing my arrival to the entire neighborhood when getting home late at night.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:25 AM
USP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOL, you feel bad about the beeping yet want a more throaty exhaust? I'm sure the...

neighbors would rather hear the beeps late at night. btw, i'm sure it can be done with a vag com but I just don't know how...
Old 10-22-2007, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I think you can disable the beep from the DIS setup screen.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: autocrossed my MK2 today - also, a security system question

Next time try the x cross with the esp turned off and see if that helps some.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default ESP was off

tell me more about your chip - what was installation like, and what do you think of the changes?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default tried that already

didn't see an option to disable the beep, and there is no further info in the owner's manual
Old 10-25-2007, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: ESP was off

Chip installation was just hooking up a cable to an input on the car and loading a new file.... and instant fun. 30 or so HP and 60 or so TQ I would say by butt dyno. Very quick car now. Probably around 5.6 0 - 60. Really makes a difference in the car and it can keep up with some bigger engines.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

FYI, i eventually discovered an option to disable the remote beep through the car's setup menu.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dolometh
I took part in a novice autocross event today with my barebones stock 2.0T FWD in San Diego. The competition was fellow newbies, but I was content to consistently beat most Miatas (some modified), WRX's, and Evo's. The fastest time of the day was posted by a VW GLI 3.2 with modified front sway bars and proper tires. Some race officials were taking pictures and I will post an update if they are ever put online.

The handling was a major upgrade from my only other autocross event, in a 2000 Honda Accord coupe. The acceleration of the DSG in sport mode was a noticeable strength. However, I definitely experienced constant and perpetual understeer in turns, which I hope to one day remedy with some mods. (A more throaty exhaust would be nice, as well.)

So anyhow, I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a way to disable the beep our cars make when locking the doors with the key fob? I feel bad whenever announcing my arrival to the entire neighborhood when getting home late at night.

You can disable the beep in vagcom. It will bring up another menu to check the items you wanted to turn off or on.