TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Drivers Side Window Not Working After Fuse Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drivers Side Window Not Working After Fuse Replacement

Hoping there is a simple fix to this.

I noticed over the last few days my 2008 TT's drivers side window would move down as I opened the door, but would not move back up to seal. I was able to use the window controls to seal the window though.

Not being aware this was a common issue, I figured I would simply check the fuses. So I turned off the vehicle, removed both door window fuses, turned on the vehicle, confirmed neither of the windows worked, then turned off the vehicle, put the fuses back in, and tried the windows again.

This time, the passenger window worked just fine (as it did before), but the drivers window did not respond at all. No clicking sound or anything. I read the window regulator thread and there was no griding or anything, and I really feel this is an electronics issue as it only totally stopped working after I played with the fuses.

Quadruple checked the fuses and switched them around, no change. Tried window reset (held down both window buttons, waited 10 seconds, then held them both up - again only the passenger window responded). Tried turning the car and driving it around a bit.

Any other ideas? Quite frustrating and a little scary. Hopefully there is an easy fix out there. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an update: Whatever was going on completely drained the battery over the course of about 36 hours. After jumping the car, everything started working normally again. Moral of the story is don't wait for the weekend to try the hard battery reset!
The following users liked this post:
B5A4S (10-05-2019)
Old 07-31-2020, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please!!!!

Originally Posted by rkarsk
Just an update: Whatever was going on completely drained the battery over the course of about 36 hours. After jumping the car, everything started working normally again. Moral of the story is don't wait for the weekend to try the hard battery reset!
I am having the same issues with my Audi TT mk2 2007 even down to my battery draining.

The only difference is that my window was working for a couple of days after fixing a new battery but after this it stopped working again with me manually having to pull up the window.

I have tried disconnecting the main vehicle battery several times but again this did not make any difference.

I have purchased two different second hand driver side window motors with no luck. I have even tried pressing the button with the window motor not attached to the door and this still does not move. The passenger window is working perfectly fine.

I have checked the window regulator wires with my hand but this seems fine. I also did not hear any tangling noises coming from this before or after the window stopped working.

I have also changed the electric window fuses with new ones but again nothing has changed.

I have also tried the key to rest the windows and also used the window buttons inside the vehicle but this again did not make a difference.

The window motor it’s self makes a double clicking sound when I press the button but does not move at all.

Can you or anyone else please help as this is becoming a massive pain.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2021, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seems a common issue, but I found a fix!

Originally Posted by Cassa24
I am having the same issues with my Audi TT mk2 2007 even down to my battery draining.

The only difference is that my window was working for a couple of days after fixing a new battery but after this it stopped working again with me manually having to pull up the window.

I have tried disconnecting the main vehicle battery several times but again this did not make any difference.

I have purchased two different second hand driver side window motors with no luck. I have even tried pressing the button with the window motor not attached to the door and this still does not move. The passenger window is working perfectly fine.

I have checked the window regulator wires with my hand but this seems fine. I also did not hear any tangling noises coming from this before or after the window stopped working.

I have also changed the electric window fuses with new ones but again nothing has changed.

I have also tried the key to rest the windows and also used the window buttons inside the vehicle but this again did not make a difference.

The window motor it’s self makes a double clicking sound when I press the button but does not move at all.

Can you or anyone else please help as this is becoming a massive pain.

Thanks
My window also stopped and I presumed it was the frost that had stuck the window and popped a fuse. Fuses we're fine, I did some online searching and found a common fault of broken wires beside the door plug. Sure enough I wiggled the rubber gaiter (where the door joins the body) and sure enough my window started working.
The problem now was getting to the bloody thing. So I removed the door car, inspection panels and speaker. This gave me a good view into it. 3 of the 4 speaker screws captive nuts we're moving so had to get pliers in the back. On the door plug DO NOT PULL THE PURPLE TAB! I read that holds the body plug in place and can be a bugger to get back into place. But ultimately I pulled the harness back out through the door and found my broken wire about 3" past the plug. There were also 2 others that were almost through as well.
A bit of solder (with a massive ext lead into the car park) and some tape and it's all good!
I hope this helps others stuck in my position.