TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Garage door opener acting weird

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage door opener acting weird

Here's one for all the folks out in TT land. My wife has a 2008 TT. Recently, her homelink/garage door opener would work fine first thing in the morning but if she parked the car outside in the sun for any length of time, when she got home, it would not. In fact the little red light wouldn't even come on. Anybody ever see this before?

thanks
Bob
Old 05-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update.

Brought the car to our dealer, Chandler Audi, Arizona. On the way, engine temp gauge at first worked normally coming off cold peg then after a short time indicated cold when the engine had been running long enough to be at normal operating temp, we live in Mesa AZ a suburb of Phoenix so outside temp is not an issue. Told service writer about the problem. By the way, we still have extended warranty on the car.
Got a call from the service writer that evening, he stated the technician working on the car could not communicate with the homelink module so diagnosed the module as failed, and he also indicated the engine thermostat was failing/failed and that was the cause of the temp gauge not working properly.
Service writer also stated that our extended warranty sold by Audi as Audi Pure Protection (I have platinum level) and administered by Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. wanted to inspect the car to ensure the technician had diagnosed the problem correctly and I assume to make sure we had not abused the car. First time I've experienced this with an extended warranty, doubting the diagnosis done by a qualified/trained Audi technician.
While I was typing this, I received a call from my service writer. He said warranty inspector had approved both repairs so they are moving forward, good news.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=BSullivan;24571041

...First time I've experienced this with an extended warranty, doubting the diagnosis done by a qualified/trained Audi technician...[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of that, either. In the end, it sounds like your car is on the way to full recovery.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

That does sound a little excessive. If it was an authorized Audi service center it should have been standard. Glad everything was fixed up and you are back in business.