TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Front End Clicking - 2008 TT FWD

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Clicking - 2008 TT FWD

Hoping someone can help. When changing direction, from reverse to forward or vise versa, the first time I press the brake pedal, I get a click sound from the front wheels. Thought maybe something was loose with the brakes or rotor but the dealer said they didn't find any issues.

When rotating my tires the other day, the brakes and rotors seem fine but I noticed quite a bit of play in the hub if I move it left and right. I didn't notice any click but am wondering if this is normal?

There is absolutely no loud click (the best way to describe it) when I brake continuously going forward or in reverse, just when I change direction.

Hoping someone can tell me if this is common or point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2019, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suspect the anti-rattle clips in the brake pads are broken, missing, or worn
Old 06-15-2019, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I didn't think the brakes were the issue since the dealer said all was good. I pulled the front brakes myself and cleaned things up yesterday and you are correct. There was some play.

Click is still there but the brakes seem to work fine. I'll probably replace them in the coming month or so.

Thanks again.