TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

how can I make my 2012 audi play my music from my Samsung S7 (using spotify)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how can I make my 2012 audi play my music from my Samsung S7 (using spotify)?

I have a Audi A4 2012 with a MMI and sat nav.
Does anyone know how can I play the music from my samsung S7 in the MMI? I tried with the cable but it says that it does not support the device. Many thanks.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 249 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Try the A4 forum. This is the TT forum

Old 01-13-2018, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josemiguelvasc
I have a Audi A4 2012 with a MMI and sat nav.
Does anyone know how can I play the music from my samsung S7 in the MMI? I tried with the cable but it says that it does not support the device. Many thanks.
I am using the Bovee Bluetooth and works for on my 2012 tts with an S8. Is kind of expensive like $87 but that the only good on I could find. I am sure they probably others out there that might be cheaper. The only issue is that it does not display the play list or title of the song. I have not tried spotify yet though. Will update after I do.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Beartaez
I am using the Bovee Bluetooth and works for on my 2012 tts with an S8. Is kind of expensive like $87 but that the only good on I could find. I am sure they probably others out there that might be cheaper. The only issue is that it does not display the play list or title of the song. I have not tried spotify yet though. Will update after I do.
Thank you, that is really helpful!! Would you mind to have a look with the Spotify and see if works? If it does, I will get one for me again, massive thank you!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you, that is really helpful!! Would you mind to have a look with the Spotify and see if works? If it does, I will get one for me again, massive thank you!
It does work with spotify but again, no playlist, name of song, or name of artist.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Great!

It does work with spotify but again, no playlist, name of song, or name of artist.
Shame it does not show those details but so far this is the best and only option that I have heard so far.
If you are connected and playing your music, how does it work if you receive a phone call? can you still answer using the steering wheel keys?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Shame it does not show those details but so far this is the best and only option that I have heard so far.
If you are connected and playing your music, how does it work if you receive a phone call? can you still answer using the steering wheel keys?
I have not gotten a call in the car yet so can' commet on that. I assume when you get a phone call, you can switch between the call and music.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not gotten a call in the car yet so can' commet on that. I assume when you get a phone call, you can switch between the call and music.
You can place a call via the AMI/MMI system over bluetooth. And stream music over the other Bluetooth unit. I do it in my 2014 TT. I use the carpro unit from CoolStream since it saves you about $10.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RWBaconTT
You can place a call via the AMI/MMI system over bluetooth. And stream music over the other Bluetooth unit. I do it in my 2014 TT. I use the carpro unit from CoolStream since it saves you about $10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBfWgrMapQ
Thanks. The video was helpful. I was wandering why each time I push the phone bottom, it says that my phone is .au not be connected but I can play music.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. The video was helpful. I was wandering why each time I push the phone bottom, it says that my phone is .au not be connected but I can play music.
Just make sure the preferences are set properly for each BT device :-)

Quick Reply: how can I make my 2012 audi play my music from my Samsung S7 (using spotify)?