TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

If I can get retro-looking aftermarket headlights on the new TT, I'll be happy . . .

Old 04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default If I can get retro-looking aftermarket headlights on the new TT, I'll be happy . . .

There are three things about the new TT I do not like:

1. Super-Generic Headlight Housings.

2. Loss of the crease on the hatchback.

3. More generic center console.

There are a number of things I really like about the new TT:

1. Taller Headroom.

2. Lighter - Better Power/Weight
2b. Safer? Space-Age Frame

3. Wider Wheelbase

4. Better Sound System

5. Much Better Nav System.

The only thing I find intolerable is the headlights. I really, really hate them. I think Audi made a huge mistake in changing the look of the headlights so drastically. I know that some people did a mod with the MKi where it had more aggressive headlights -- who will do the hood + headlight housings do you think?
Old 04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If I can get retro-looking aftermarket headlights on the new TT, I'll be happy . . .

i have to disagree. The headlights are a huge improvement over the current model. The headlamps and tail lamps are the exact same shape. How stupid is that?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Highly doubt that will ever happen as the new hood is a mighty complex piece...

...plus what manufacturer would create a "retro" hood and/or headlamp? And at what price? For such a niche vehicle?

But I too lament the loss of the rear crease line. Of all the changes, they should have at least left that distinguishing design feature. Although it may not have been technically possible/feasible or cost effective with the alumn body panels.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:26 AM

Default Re: If I can get retro-looking aftermarket headlights on the new TT, I'll be happy . . .

I agree... the headlights could be more agressive...
Old 04-29-2006, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Yeah, I doubt anyone will go through the trouble, but IMO the headlight/taillight is one of the . .

things that made our car a classic design. All I know is that I have never seen an aftermarket bodykit or change to our car (aside from lowering a little or changing wheels <i>sometimes</i>) that has made it look better. Audi really hit the nail on the head, and I stand by my statement that such a drastic change to the headlights of the car is a mistake.

Maybe it will sell like hotcakes, though. I hope so. But if it does, it won't be for the unique classic beauty.