TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Lowered 2” Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowered 2” Suggestions?

Hello I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a 2010 tt base coup that has been lowered 2”. The tires need replaced and the current tires are wearing against the lower inner front wheel well when cornering. Does anyone have any suggestions on tire sizes that may fix this issue? It needs new tires anyway so I am trying to decide if i should install the stock springs and put stock tire size back on or leave it lowered and get a different tire size. The current tire size is 245/40R18.

The other thing I am thinking about is that with it being 2” lower I really have to watch where I go. I feel like it is too low and maybe should at least raise it an inch or go back to stock. Would stock tire size be ok if it was raised an inch?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you're on coil overs it could be an easy fix to raise it a tad. If they just put short springs on you'll want coils or a redo on the suspension. Smaller tire size will require speedometer changes with VCDS I imagine.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The previous owner just put short springs. I kind of figured I would need to take further action on the suspension. For the labor hours that are going to go into it would you suggest I go with coil overs and keep the short springs or revert the suspension back to stock?
Old 08-29-2018, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

2" drop seems to be a lot. If you like it lowered and not rubbing, I'd go with coilovers. I used K&W's and they worked out very well.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was lowered to around 2" when I bought it as well and even with coilover I had rubbing issues with wheels/end links. I've raised it up about 1/4" and it's already riding better. I like the BC coilovers I have on my car, easily adjustable and a good solid ride once I get my end links fixed.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I did my research and purchased the KW V1 coilovers. Cannot wait to get them installed.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by digerati
Thanks for the help. I did my research and purchased the KW V1 coilovers. Cannot wait to get them installed.
Something worth noting, on our car we did have some very slight rear fender well rub over large bumps while cornering hard to the right only. My suspension guys, feeling that there weren't enough threads left milled a conical aluminum shim that matched the top of the rear coils. That gave them additional threads to work with to make things perfect in my opinion. You may not have this issue and who knows there might be some defect in our fender liner. Enjoy the upgrade.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by martian4000
Something worth noting, on our car we did have some very slight rear fender well rub over large bumps while cornering hard to the right only. My suspension guys, feeling that there weren't enough threads left milled a conical aluminum shim that matched the top of the rear coils. That gave them additional threads to work with to make things perfect in my opinion. You may not have this issue and who knows there might be some defect in our fender liner. Enjoy the upgrade.
If I am not mistaken the V1 kit would lower the vehicle at the highest height of 0.2" on the rear. How low do you have the rear lowered from stock?
Old 09-23-2018, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by digerati
If I am not mistaken the V1 kit would lower the vehicle at the highest height of 0.2" on the rear. How low do you have the rear lowered from stock?
The honest answer is I didn't do a before measurement but it's not much lower than stock. My issue at that moment was upgrading the mag system which was totally shot. Then occasional rub was minor on the fender liner and only on the right rear. corner.