TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Magneride normal setting firmer or softer than normal(sport) suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Magneride normal setting firmer or softer than normal(sport) suspension?

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate it.

I would love to take a 2.0t MR out but as I mentioned I haven't found any in my area. I've been hesitant to take a 3.2 MR out as I figured it would be a quite different feel.. then again I suppose I could take out both a 3.2 standard and MR to gauge the difference between the two.

I actual prefer a stiff sporty suspension so I would probably wind up leaving the car in sport mode the majority of the time. I would say from my two test drives the normal sport suspension was quite nice both on the freeway and on surface streets.

JeffreyTT - Do the service documents mention what the spring rates are between the active and MR suspensions? Unless I'm thinking about it wrong the spring rates should really be the part controlling the amount of "body roll" felt and not so much the damping...
Old 08-05-2007, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I don't think I could have decided based on reading about it. I'm glad I drove both

Otherwise I might have forgone the MR.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh, you certainly shouldn't, because other magazines praise it. You gotta do what feels right 4u.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sport Suspension(standard) 10 mm lower than MR?

On the audi uk website they list the sports suspension has having being lowered 10mm while the MR is at standard height.

Obviously this is only .4 inches but just wondering if holds true with the suspensions we have here in the USA.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Default SLine in the UK and EU actually drops the suspension further...in the US this is not the case.

I believe, MR is the same as standard Sport Suspension or SLine Suspension.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's the rubber bushes that hold the roll bar

At last I have a knowledgable answer to a problem. I had exactly the same issue with my D3 and again with the D4. So I genuinely believe "they all do that" is correct.

I took my D3 down to the dealers and went through all the issues that everyone else above has experienced. Audi not being able to replicate the fault. Only does it when cold, Needs a speed hump, Quotes for ludicrously expensive suspension components, "can't guarantee it's the issue" etc etc.

Mate of mine that runs a small garage suggested checking the rubber bushes that hold the roll bar in place. A quick squirt of silicone grease and problem solved.
Was easily solved on the D4 when exactly the same issue appeared. I get them to do it now whenever I put it in for a service.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Harry H
It's the rubber bushes that hold the roll bar

At last I have a knowledgable answer to a problem. I had exactly the same issue with my D3 and again with the D4. So I genuinely believe "they all do that" is correct.

I took my D3 down to the dealers and went through all the issues that everyone else above has experienced. Audi not being able to replicate the fault. Only does it when cold, Needs a speed hump, Quotes for ludicrously expensive suspension components, "can't guarantee it's the issue" etc etc.

Mate of mine that runs a small garage suggested checking the rubber bushes that hold the roll bar in place. A quick squirt of silicone grease and problem solved.
Was easily solved on the D4 when exactly the same issue appeared. I get them to do it now whenever I put it in for a service.

Sorry wrong forum