TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

mk 2 armrest

Old 01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mk 2 armrest

I have been searching for a TT armrest for my 09 coupe....the one shown in the following website http://www.tt-armrest.com/ made in Germany.
It is deadly expensive so I'd like to find a used one [black].
I have searched all over the net but can't seem to find a less expensive alternative [ of similar style and quality] or a used one.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know
thanks
Mike
mrb1913@gmail.com
Old 02-05-2010, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default interesting...107 views and no replies

I am surprised that there have been zero replies/comments. I guess that I am in the minority thinking I need more of an armrest. It may be because of my seat adjustment position.

I did try to contact the German company that makes the nice armrest but have not received any reply

The leather padded rest on the current armrest simply pulls off. I think I will do that, remove the screw-on mounting plate from the armrest, and devise a way to raise the current rest with a shim device [tastefully] a few inches. That should help.

I tend to have my seat raised pretty high to keep my back from hurting and that causes the current position of the armrest to be too low for me.
Mike
Old 02-05-2010, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, methinks you definitely are in the minority on this topic....not clear anyone cares. IMO, the MK2 has a nice arm rest (the center console), it's the MK1 that lacks an armrest and needs aftermarket additions.

BosTTon
Old 02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

oh well...been in the minorty frequently....and the TT suits that ...
I will post in when I get something fiqured out in case it benefits another owner

thanks for the reply
Mike
Old 02-05-2010, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think it very nice of you to post the information so that it's archived and searchable. I will admit that I cannot even remotely figure out how (or why) an after market arm rest fits into the scheme of the MK2 center console. My bet is that you have the chair elevated quite high....which you mentioned....but it must be REALLY high. How much clearance to you have for your head relative to the roof of the car?

BosTTon
Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks like it really just hooks into that useless phone area at the back to the console , so doesn't require height adjustment of seat.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

It looks like garbage.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by carbonLORD
It looks like garbage.
Welcome back.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bostton, saw you in Revere! A while back.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BosTTon
I think it very nice of you to post the information so that it's archived and searchable. I will admit that I cannot even remotely figure out how (or why) an after market arm rest fits into the scheme of the MK2 center console. My bet is that you have the chair elevated quite high....which you mentioned....but it must be REALLY high. How much clearance to you have for your head relative to the roof of the car?

BosTTon
Is that aftermarket piece the full width of the console such that the passenger would have an armrest as well? (Reaching for an explanation of why someone with a Mk 2 would be interested here...)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mk 2 armrest