TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Ordered 2012 tts

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered 2012 tts

Placed my order back in march for a 2011 ibis white TTS convertible, and it ended up getting kicked back to a 2012 model. Its dued in the port july 13, any one know if there any changes between 2011 and 2012 ?

First brand new car i ever bought/ordered.. any tips on dealing with the dealer when i do go in to do all the paperwork?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2012 TTS

Originally Posted by IBTTS12
any one know if there any changes between 2011 and 2012 ?

First brand new car i ever bought/ordered.. any tips on dealing with the dealer when i do go in to do all the paperwork?
Congratulations on your first new car! I think you've made an excellent choice.

Not much information out there, but autos.aol.com says the TTS is unchanged for 2012.

Tips on dealing? Don't have a clue - I've only bought four new Audis in the last 16 months, so can't claim any expertise in negotiating. Clearly, I have a complete lack of self-control. Just make sure you go in armed with good market research data.

Last edited by AudiAnnie; 07-27-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Signature added
Old 06-22-2011, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Placed my order back in march for a 2011 ibis white TTS convertible, and it ended up getting kicked back to a 2012 model. Its dued in the port july 13, any one know if there any changes between 2011 and 2012 ?

Congrats! Was the 2012 ordering guide available when you purchased it? I'm wondering if the price has changed at all? Were you able to get a good deal? (Around Invoice price)
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mf0u206e
Congrats! Was the 2012 ordering guide available when you purchased it? I'm wondering if the price has changed at all? Were you able to get a good deal? (Around Invoice price)
I placed the order back on march 17 which was still under the 2011 guide. It wasn't til about less then a month ago when i went in to test drive a 2011 phantom black TTS convertible (since I've only driven the TT convertible and TTS Coupe prior) that they told me my order would be push back to a 2012 model and that it wouldn't get here til early October. Then i check back like a few weeks later and they told me that it got push up to aug 8th. Checked one last time a few days ago and they told me it should be ready to ship on the 28th this month so ill be itching for it soon. As far as pricing goes, when my sale rep punching in the numbers to make i got the TTS i exactly wanted the price came out the same as it were to be a 2011. As far as the deal goes, only thing i've even put down was a deposit for the car. Really haven't done any negotiating yet that why i was wondering if any one can give me some pointer on how to deal with the dealership when the car does come in and its time to buy.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Really haven't done any negotiating yet that why i was wondering if any one can give me some pointer on how to deal with the dealership when the car does come in and its time to buy.
Supply and demand. I've learned the TTS is a limited production car. Moreso than the S4.

My local, small dealership wasn't interested in negotiating on thier S4 because they weren't getting another one in for a month or more. The larger dealerships far away have up to 6 on their lots and are ready to talk on price.

On the TTS, only one of the 5 dealerships have one on their lot. My impression (you owners can correct me) is that the majority arrive pre-sold like yours.

If your dealership fits this description they won't feel much need to talk below MSRP because they are confident they'll sell your car at full price if you don't take it.

That's the general rule being applied to what I"ve learned. Haven't been looking very long though, so not absolutely sure on the supply of TTS'. Specifics regarding the TTS can be corrected by those that have been shopping longer than I have......
Old 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice choice!CongraTTS.

I got a couple grand off from the dealer and I would pick up the Audicare package.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fissues
Nice choice!CongraTTS.

I got a couple grand off from the dealer and I would pick up the Audicare package.

^^ i got your twin but 2012.. ibis prestige with black interior =]

ill keep the Audicare package in the back of my mind when i purchase
Old 07-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

just got confirmed by the dealership that my tts carrier is docking in port of houston now so hopefully by the end of the week i finally get to pick it up
Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

just got confirmed by the dealership that my tts carrier is docking in port of houston now so hopefully by the end of the week i finally get to pick it up
Hope you like yours as much as I like my TTS. I would have never bought one but I managed to find one to test drive late last fall. Got some money knocked of the sticker price and got the "Audi Loyalty" discount added to that. Couldn't afford not to order a TTS

I bet you are getting pumped now...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SoSuMi
Hope you like yours as much as I like my TTS. I would have never bought one but I managed to find one to test drive late last fall. Got some money knocked of the sticker price and got the "Audi Loyalty" discount added to that. Couldn't afford not to order a TTS

I bet you are getting pumped now...
^^ im itching to bring it home.. only reason i could afford to order one is cause i anit married with kids nor that much bills yet =]

Quick Reply: Ordered 2012 tts