TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Pics of my tts and recommendations for first mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by frankttsmk2
Depending on who you choose for the Tuner, you can "flash" your car at home in under 30 minutes, and it will be ready to roll.

I know Unitronic and Integrated Engineering offer at-home "Dongles" that they ship to you, and they provide full, easy-to-follow instructions. Basically, here's how it works: plug the dongle into your OBD-II port under your steering column, plug the dongle USB cable into your PC, install and run the Tune Software program they email you, and then follow the instructions on the program.

The only thing you will need while you "flash" is a car battery charger that you can hook up to your TTS' battery and plug into an outlet (I bought mine at Kmart for $24, and you can use it in the future for charging your car's battery when it gets too low). The battery charger will ensure your battery stays fully charged WHILE you're flashing (like I mentioned, flashing can take up to 30 minutes), so that the battery does not die, which will be problematic for your ECU. I have never had any issues, and as long as you hook up your charger to your battery, you'll be fine.

NOTE: If you purchased your TTS with an Audi Warranty or Extended Warranty something, and you later bring your TTS into an Audi Service Center for any maintenance that involves them checking the car's computer (ECU), Audi will notice that the car has been tuned, and they will void your warranty. However, thankfully, my tuner (Integrated Engineering) allows me to "flash" my car back to the Stock Settings, so I never run into this issue.
Have you had the dealer check your ECU after you flash back? Word has always been there's a counter in the ECU, and restoring the stock program will simply increment the counter yet again.

By the way, I would suggest a DSG upgrade. That alone can transform the daily drivability.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frankttsmk2
Depending on who you choose for the Tuner, you can "flash" your car at home in under 30 minutes, and it will be ready to roll.

I know Unitronic and Integrated Engineering offer at-home "Dongles" that they ship to you, and they provide full, easy-to-follow instructions. Basically, here's how it works: plug the dongle into your OBD-II port under your steering column, plug the dongle USB cable into your PC, install and run the Tune Software program they email you, and then follow the instructions on the program.

The only thing you will need while you "flash" is a car battery charger that you can hook up to your TTS' battery and plug into an outlet (I bought mine at Kmart for $24, and you can use it in the future for charging your car's battery when it gets too low). The battery charger will ensure your battery stays fully charged WHILE you're flashing (like I mentioned, flashing can take up to 30 minutes), so that the battery does not die, which will be problematic for your ECU. I have never had any issues, and as long as you hook up your charger to your battery, you'll be fine.

NOTE: If you purchased your TTS with an Audi Warranty or Extended Warranty something, and you later bring your TTS into an Audi Service Center for any maintenance that involves them checking the car's computer (ECU), Audi will notice that the car has been tuned, and they will void your warranty. However, thankfully, my tuner (Integrated Engineering) allows me to "flash" my car back to the Stock Settings, so I never run into this issue.
I did buy a service contract with the car. I need to do a little more research to see if the dealer can tell after you flash it back to .