TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

REVIEW : Paddle Shifter Extensions Black Audi All Models

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default REVIEW : Paddle Shifter Extensions Black Audi All Models

PRODUCT REVIEW:

So after my first track day in the TTS last fall I realized I cannot stand the miniscule size of the MK2 TTS paddle shifters. So after some research and back & forth with Agency-Power, I ordered their shifter extensions: https://www.agency-power.com/shop/pa...di-all-models/

To order wasn't as easy as their online store doesn't ship to Canada and none of their few Canadian dealers have them. After a few weeks of emails, they were ordered.

Today, after 6 days of shipping they arrived. I was so excited. 9pm, install started. I realized that they only shipped with set screws, none of the double-sided tape.

As their site states "They attach with provided double sided tape or some utilize a small set screw for a secure fit." I figured I would try install with the 2 set screws on each side of each extension. Set screws are super small! Right one went on and seems secure, but it still feels iffy.

The left one would not stay on. It's as how the overall opening size where the old paddle sets into is too large. Also set screws are too short. So when I went to tighten them they just pop out the other side without pressure fitting against the stock paddle. Not only that, as the stock paddle is aluminum it gouged part of my shifter. Now you can't see it, but it's annoying. So I have right one installed and left one non installed. Yes I could go out, but some heavy duty double-sided tape put I won't right now. The point is I paid over $210cdn with exchange rate and shipping to get these. I expect them to fit properly and be shipped with all mounting hardware/accessories noted on the website.

Now I have emailed Agency-Power to get some customer service, will let you know. I want to love this product and the CNC machined aluminum is really nice (black is a bit shinier in person), but the fitment needs some improvement.

Anyone else have experience with these?
Old 03-25-2018, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UDPATE: Agency Power Customer Service, not the best. I haven't heard back from them, but think I have it sorted. It's hard to tell from photos, but turns out each paddle has 4 set screws, not 2. 2 of them are hidden and didn't notice them at first (no instructions). Anyways, I got them mounted, but still upset they didn't send the 2 sided adhesive tape. I will probably go spend my time and couple bucks to go get what was supposed to be included so that I know they are on there tight. The design of the set screws just don't seem sturdy enough for my liking. I think once I get the double sided tape, they will be perfect.

Last edited by phanttom_edm; 04-03-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh.......those paddles are just about $20 on aliexpress for the exact same stuff.........