TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Is this an RS...????

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 04:36 AM
Back axle behind the ears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this an RS...????

I been keeping any eye out here in Qatar for an RS but never seem to have seen one...
Now this has cropped up for sale but it says it's 2008, my understanding was the RS didn't come out till 2009...??
Seems it's got the RS badge on the front and inside, not one on the back tho, they listing says its a 5 cylinder turbo engine tho...
It's done 50k km, FASH, looks absolutely mint and its only 40,000QAR, about $10k...!!
So could it be...???!!

Old 06-30-2018, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Definitly not based on my knowledge. First the RS badge on the front is for an RS 3, there are fog lights which I dont believe come standard on the TTRS. The mirrors match the body color which makes me think it's a base model that people replaced some stuff in... couldn't say to the motor as there isnt any pictures. I believe I spot a motorized spoiler in the back, RS's have a mounted spoiler. Looks like someone slapped some badges on to make it look flashy and that's about it. The only thing that threw me off was the interior but there could be a red option for that year that I'm unaware of? Probably a TT with S-line is my guess.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Blue_Shark
Definitly not based on my knowledge. First the RS badge on the front is for an RS 3, there are fog lights which I dont believe come standard on the TTRS. The mirrors match the body color which makes me think it's a base model that people replaced some stuff in... couldn't say to the motor as there isnt any pictures. I believe I spot a motorized spoiler in the back, RS's have a mounted spoiler. Looks like someone slapped some badges on to make it look flashy and that's about it. The only thing that threw me off was the interior but there could be a red option for that year that I'm unaware of? Probably a TT with S-line is my guess.
Dunno if we get cars differently here in Qatar, they're usually European as my S8 and TT are...
Here's the back...

As I say, the listing says 5 cylinder engine with turbo, I don't think there's any other TT that would have that tho...??
I don't think they have much of an idea when they're selling cars here anyways lol, the guy selling my S8 said it had twin turbos...!!!!
It's all academic anyways, this guy's not answering his phone... I already have a 2005 TT 225 Quattro so I'll just concentrate my effort on that for now and keep looking....
Old 07-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mixja23
Dunno if we get cars differently here in Qatar, they're usually European as my S8 and TT are...
Here's the back...

As I say, the listing says 5 cylinder engine with turbo, I don't think there's any other TT that would have that tho...??
I don't think they have much of an idea when they're selling cars here anyways lol, the guy selling my S8 said it had twin turbos...!!!!
It's all academic anyways, this guy's not answering his phone... I already have a 2005 TT 225 Quattro so I'll just concentrate my effort on that for now and keep looking....
Yeah it's definitly a base TT. He could have swapped a 5 cylinder in with a bigger turbo as the car can handle around 400 hp without needing any trans upgrades. I would ask for a pic of the engine bay because that'll tell you more than anything else.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_Shark
Yeah it's definitly a base TT. He could have swapped a 5 cylinder in with a bigger turbo as the car can handle around 400 hp without needing any trans upgrades. I would ask for a pic of the engine bay because that'll tell you more than anything else.
He's a little tinker telling fibs then eh lol...
Thought it was too good to be true tbh, an RS for $10k...!!
I doubt whether anything like that has happened re swapping the engine, that sort of thing doesn't really happen here, not that I'm aware of....
Maybe he's got confused coz it says 5V on the top...!!
I'll stick with mi ickle 225 for now anyways...
Old 07-01-2018, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Wouldn't this decoder tell you for sure? It takes the VIN and tells you everything about the car.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Obviously it is not TTRS.

Originally Posted by mixja23
I been keeping any eye out here in Qatar for an RS but never seem to have seen one...
Now this has cropped up for sale but it says it's 2008, my understanding was the RS didn't come out till 2009...??
Seems it's got the RS badge on the front and inside, not one on the back tho, they listing says its a 5 cylinder turbo engine tho...
It's done 50k km, FASH, looks absolutely mint and its only 40,000QAR, about $10k...!!
So could it be...???!!

I am the owner of TTRS. There is no RS in 2009, even if it exists, it is only MT. The shape of the steering wheel and shift **** is not clearly the one of RS.