TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Pick up my TTS on sat- looking for others in the NE

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pick up my TTS on sat- looking for others in the NE

Well I am back after buying the first generation 1.8Q when it came out. I am picking up my TTS Roadster on Sat and I am looking forward to meeting others in the NE/Boston area. Plans are some APR mods and drive all summer.
Please let me know if there are any events coming up.
Rob near Boston
Attached Images  

Last edited by robeuro03; 03-13-2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Add Pic
Old 03-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice! Hopefully the weather in Boston is nicer than VT. We just got 2 feet of fresh powder up here..
Old 03-13-2014, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome back. I had an early MKI as well. Loved it for 180K miles then moved on to MKIIs. You will love your TTS. Nice to have a few more around. I see so few TTs of any kind and have not run across another TTS yet.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING! This winter seems to go on and on and on..... and I am a life long New Englander from a long line of them. Some winters you just need spring.

Looking forward to cleaning the winter grime off (and finding my black car under all that) getting the summer rubber back on and hitting the back roads for some fun.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Very sharp!! The roadster looks great in black! Make it a great summer. what stage APR are you thinking?

and a followup question: can the stock transmission / clutch handle the stage 2 or stage 3+ package? does anyone know?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RoadTTripper
...I see so few TTs of any kind and have not run across another TTS yet...
I'll say; none in Manchvegas. I'm getting tired of driving down Main Street straining to see my reflection in store front windows!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by neuroTTs
and a followup question: can the stock transmission / clutch handle the stage 2 or stage 3+ package? does anyone know?
I haven't been bitten by the mod bug, but APR does have a stage 2 for the TTS. Sean at APR can help you out with some info there.

Originally Posted by Nin Din Din
I'll say; none in Manchvegas. I'm getting tired of driving down Main Street straining to see my reflection in store front windows!
Queen City, Lowell Area and Boston. 3 of us so far. No wonder we don't overlap...I knew there weren't many TTS cars out there, but I didn't know we were spread this thin!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

TTripper, I hear ya. When I bought the car last Fall, I admit to somewhat arrogantly enjoying the exclusivity of it. With no other MkII's in sight, however, it now seems like I'm serving a sentence in solitary! There's no arrogance in this cold, dark, cell. . But I do enjoy this little all-weather spitfire.

Neuro, it seems to be the opinion of many that the S-tronic dual clutch is pretty hardy and can handle Stage II+. I haven't read of any Stage II+ TTS clutch failures. As a matter of fact, Sean from APR has openly posted on another forum that he has been running the Stage II+ very hard on his personal TTS with no problems. Some have theorized that this is the same dual clutch that is found in the European TTRS, but I have not seen confirmation of that. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Nin Din Din; 03-17-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am in the CT and love to meet up with some others. No, I don't see many MK II TT on the road here neither, but I do enjoy my TTRS a lot.

Hits me up if you guys would like to have a TT only meet.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you both for feedback about the APR stuff. Any additional thoughts from anyone with experience with APR on a MkII TTS would be greatly appreciated - and I should also just give Sean a call soon too.

...and now back to the thread!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Meet Up / going to Waterfest

Hello fellow NE owners.

Lets try and do a meet up maybe in Sturbridge Mass for our friends in Conn in the next few weeks.
Also I am planning to go to Waterfest this year to get my baby chipped. I did this before and it was cheaper and the entire team is on site.

We can caravan and connect with others along the way.

thoughts?

Robert

Maynard, Mass

Quick Reply: Pick up my TTS on sat- looking for others in the NE