TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

TT RS rear spoiler removal

Old 07-10-2013, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT RS rear spoiler removal

Would anyone know exactly how to remove the rear spoiler from a TT RS? I am replacing the original spoiler with an oem carbon fiber spoiler. I will be using the OEM supports just replacing the spoiler piece. It looks pretty easy from just viewing but I don't want to mess the car up so was just curious if anyone had DIY on how it's done.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just purchased a TTRS that has an OEM carbon fiber spoiler such as the one you're attempting to install.

If you look at the underside of the spoiler, you will see bolts (3 IIRC) in the middle section (between the 2 legs) that you will need to remove. In addition, on the same side of the spoiler but right outside of the legs, you will see two plastic covers that are covering a couple more bolts as well. You will need to carefully pry/remove these plastic covers/tabs, so you can get to the remaining screws.

The carbon fiber spoiler should bolt right up using the same holes/bolts.

Good luck, the car looks wicked with the carbon fiber spoiler!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, I knew about the bolts. I was more concerned about adhesive holding it to the support bar. If I know Audi they SUPER GLUED the crap out of it. I figured it might involve a little heat and some fishing line to remove and was trying to avoid that. Thanks for your reply though and hope you enjoy your TT RS

Originally Posted by TTRStud
I just purchased a TTRS that has an OEM carbon fiber spoiler such as the one you're attempting to install.

If you look at the underside of the spoiler, you will see bolts (3 IIRC) in the middle section (between the 2 legs) that you will need to remove. In addition, on the same side of the spoiler but right outside of the legs, you will see two plastic covers that are covering a couple more bolts as well. You will need to carefully pry/remove these plastic covers/tabs, so you can get to the remaining screws.

The carbon fiber spoiler should bolt right up using the same holes/bolts.

Good luck, the car looks wicked with the carbon fiber spoiler!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by FLKWTTRS
Thanks, I knew about the bolts. I was more concerned about adhesive holding it to the support bar. If I know Audi they SUPER GLUED the crap out of it. I figured it might involve a little heat and some fishing line to remove and was trying to avoid that. Thanks for your reply though and hope you enjoy your TT RS
They haven't glued it on, it's fixed on with double sided foam sticky tape (like number plate tape) It takes two people to remove the top part of the spoiler, one to lift it up (quite firmly) while the other cuts the foam tape with a long knife. The carbon spoiler then fits straight on
Old 07-22-2013, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by davectr
They haven't glued it on, it's fixed on with double sided foam sticky tape (like number plate tape) It takes two people to remove the top part of the spoiler, one to lift it up (quite firmly) while the other cuts the foam tape with a long knife. The carbon spoiler then fits straight on
Thanks for the reply. . I had already ended up trying and used fishing line to get a nicer cleaner cut and it worked. I figured I would risk it .
Old 04-17-2018, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is there a way to go from a fixed spoiler and convert to automatic on a TTRS?