TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Longest object in the cargo area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longest object in the cargo area?

Hey Folks,

I ordered at 2012 TTS Coupe, and I'm getting ready to purchase a large telescope that I plan on carrying in the cargo area. Thus, I'm wondering about the cargo dimensions of the TT.

Can someone measure the cargo area for me? This is what I would like to know:

1) The telescope I'm getting is built from several long poles. What is the longest pole that will fit in the cargo area? Assume that the pole is stored straight along the far right side of the cargo area, and the passenger seat is pushed half way back. How long can the pole be?

2) Another part of the telescope is stored in a box that is 26" x 26" x 20". Will a box that size fit in the TT? I'm mainly concerned about the 20" height of the box.

Thanks for your help.

James
Old 03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cargo capacity of this car is weird in that it doesn't look big enough for what you want to put in but it is. With the back seats folded, you have a cavernous hold back there.

I haven't measured it yet, but we were able to put our new walk-behind Toro lawn mower, still in its shipping box, in the hold and could shut the hatch. And we could still sit comfortably in the front seats. That box was at least the size of the box you mentioned in your post. Not sure on the tube length, but my buddy's 205 skis fit. They went from the very back of the car to just over the shifter, but I don't have the manual in this car so that wasn't an issue. Hope this helps.