TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2017 TTS Lease Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Bob, what was your ownership experience like with the Lexus? Any specific reason(s) why you're moving away from the RC-F?
Old 11-15-2017, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i always liked the rcf. was considering one to replace my TTs if I decided I want a bigger car/coupe.

as for your deal, I think its decent- good. to put in perspective, my tts with 8% off if I leased, with 10k miles a year, stickered closed to 61k, was 690 a month with 0 down. pretty close to yours considering you have 15k miles on yours. however, you MAY be able to get lower as 2017 is ending, I assume if you can get the same deal for a 2018 then that should b good.

I would consider at least all season tires for the TTs that way if you do need to drive it, you can make out "ok" as long as you are not driving crazy in low temps/snow
Old 11-15-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RCF is a nice car but i got it stolen.

Is there an all season tires for the factory 20inch rims that they put on the TTS?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It was good, but dissatsified with the services. It was stolen twice at my home, both keys at home.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can I just put winter tires during winter?

I want to keep the rims as I realy like the big rims on the TTS unless it is a must. I am willing to drive 10~20 mph in the winter if it snows and not even drive it if I know in advance.

And if I must get winter tires, any recommendations?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder69

I want to keep the rims as I realy like the big rims on the TTS unless it is a must. I am willing to drive 10~20 mph in the winter if it snows and not even drive it if I know in advance.

To put it simply, you DO NOT WANT TO RUN SUMMER PERFORMANCE TIRES IN WINTER CLIMATES. The tire compound gets excessively hard and leads to all sorts of issues such as hydroplaning on the smallest amount of water, poor cornering, and longer stopping distances. If you're good with the 20's, your best bet is to get winter tires. There's a number of options that will fit the TTS, though none of them are terribly cheap. Your dealer can give you options or check out tirerack.com for ideas.

Regarding your lease numbers, you've provided too little information to determine if you're getting a good deal. We'd need selling price, residual, and money factor (MF) to be able to tell you much about your lease deal...anything less and we're just guessing.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Consider Tire Rack as a source for winter tires. They will ship your tires to an authorized installer near your home. I've ordered several sets of tires from them and am very satisfied with their service, selection, and pricing. Damon is the sales rep I usually deal with, and I've found him to be very knowledgeable and helpful. You can reach them at (800) 428-8355.

Although dealing with a sales rep directly is a good idea for someone who needs personalized attention, you can also go to their website, which is full of information about tires, including feedback from customers that will help you select the best tires for your needs. Good luck.

Last edited by VGM911; 11-15-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

We've leased several cars including my 2013 TTS Roadster. I decided to buy it because after 42 months it had less than 15k on it.

The sales slime will have you focus on the down payment and monthly. If you don't analyse the lease any further, you will pay more than necessary.

"cap cost" or similar. This is the sales amount of the car. They aren't selling it to you, so they don't want you to concern yourself with it. However, they are selling it to the leasing company, and you're paying for it.
"cost of money". This is like the interest rate on a loan. It's basically how much you're being charged for the money from the leasing company. This varies mostly on your credit score.
"allowed miles". (Edit: I realized you said 15k, which is pretty good.) More allowable miles costs you more money. How will you drive the car? At the end of the lease, they will charge you for the overage miles. Just have your eyes open here and don't be surprised.

Understand how they calculate your credit. True story. This year we leased a Land Rover. Big *** top o line most expensive thing I've ever dreamed of owning Land Rover. I know I have tier 1 credit and I know my approximate FICO. The sales slime does the calculations and gives us the numbers. And I start digging into the numbers. Turns out the bastard has me as tier 3 credit. Then he shows me a FICO of 660. I nearly lost it on him. He used a false FICO to jack up the money rate. Unbelievable. So analyze and question everything.

Last edited by DissenTTS; 11-15-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Macros
To put it simply, you DO NOT WANT TO RUN SUMMER PERFORMANCE TIRES IN WINTER CLIMATES. The tire compound gets excessively hard and leads to all sorts of issues such as hydroplaning on the smallest amount of water, poor cornering, and longer stopping distances. If you're good with the 20's, your best bet is to get winter tires. There's a number of options that will fit the TTS, though none of them are terribly cheap. Your dealer can give you options or check out tirerack.com for ideas.

Regarding your lease numbers, you've provided too little information to determine if you're getting a good deal. We'd need selling price, residual, and money factor (MF) to be able to tell you much about your lease deal...anything less and we're just guessing.
I'm with Macros. Please don't even think about driving in snow with those 20's. Here's another point to consider...if you come close to the 15,000/yr miles, then I highly doubt your current 20" tires will last the length of that lease. I also have the 20" summers with a 36 month / 25,000km lease (which is almost the same in miles). I'm planning to leave my winter treads on a bit longer this winter and next because I'm hoping to get to the end of the lease without having to buy new tires. If you just run the one set, you will likely end up having to buy a second set before the lease is up. As nice as the 20's look, they will surely meet a curb one day if you run summer shoes in winter. I went with 18's but given your comments you would probably be happier with 19's for the look. There's lots of great replica wheels out there. When I part with my TT, I'm confident I'll find a buyer for my used winter wheels and tires so that helps too. I went with Blizzaks because I have a fairly long commute and wanted an excellent snow. However, you can get other perfectly good snows for less. Cheers
Old 11-24-2017, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Hi all, I am coming from a RC-F and first time on a TTS hopefully.
I got a quote of 749 a month for 36months 15k miles Sign and Drive 60000 MSRP. for a 2017 audi tts.
is this a good deal?
I am also considering the tire insurance and the excessive wear and tear if there are any that I could get a recommendation on and the pricing.
And how is the summer tires in the winter? I do have a wrangler as well and just want to keep them stock and just drive them if I have to in the snow slowly. I am in Northern NJ.

Thanks for the help!
Impossible for anyone to say if it's a good deal (however you define that), because you're missing the exact MSRP, exact purchase price, tax in/out, what state, what incentives they are applying, if any, etc. How long have they had this car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 TTS Lease Quote