TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2019 Design Select Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Not to mention a care-less tech may gouge your sideskirt when removing the seat!

At least they did a better job on the more often viewed driver's side. Mine are still in good shape since the repair (over a year for passenger side and six months or so for driver's).

Originally Posted by farmerjones
FYI....many of you know the seat trim bits that are (now colored red or blue, as discussed here) chronically failed. I had to have them replaced 3 times on my TT. Removing those trim pieces is a BIG job, they do not just "pop out" as one might expect. The seat back must be removed, and then they trim must be carefully pried away from the seat and also separated from the side air bag itself. This means the COMPLETE removal of the seat from the car to preform removal. And then there is the cost..... Perhaps the pricing has changed since 2016 but I can tell you every time the seat trim was replaced on both seats the warranty bill with $1500+. Sadly even removing them to be wrapped could prove to be a much more involved process than it seems on the surface. I can tell you....there are so many tabs on those pieces to get it off without breaking some of them could prove very difficult, and of course you have to be mindful of the air bag itself. I can say...these cars are so awesome and fun I'd hope the color of a trim piece wouldn't keep you from ordering and enjoying the car, even if it is not your ideal color choice of trim.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Randall_G
Unless you were ordering gray stitched seats, "take it or leave it" is not consistent with the US order guide. Carbon fiber inlays are only optional for the grey stitching seats (JN). Otherwise, they're a required option. In other words, the only way to get aluminum inserts is to order the gray stitched seats.

Black w/red stitching seats (AR) requires design selection interior (PEF for red), which is your current frustration. Ordering PEF in turn requires carbon fiber inlays (5MB). It's the same for selecting the seats with blue stitching: TH requires design selection interior (PEI for blue), which in turn requires carbon fiber inlays (5MB).

I explicitly asked my salesman if I could order the red stitched seats as a standalone option: not allowed.
I am thinking this might be different in Canada but not entirely sure. It looks like the CF inlays have a different code on mine (5ME). Also blue stitch is noted but I don't find a design select reference. Therefore, my guess is that I will have blue stitching, carbon fiber and grey seat trim. That would certainly be my preference. Notice we're "required" to have the plate holder here.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Canada it is PEF - RS Design Package. And based on an early document that I was shown it only covers Air Vents with Red Accent, Seat Belts with Red Accent and RS Floor Mats. In Europa it has RS Design Package and RS Design Package Plus. Where the plus one has the color accents on the seat / center console. I'm hoping this is the case for Canada as I like the normal seat/center control just fine.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ph03n1x
In Canada it is PEF - RS Design Package. And based on an early document that I was shown it only covers Air Vents with Red Accent, Seat Belts with Red Accent and RS Floor Mats. In Europa it has RS Design Package and RS Design Package Plus. Where the plus one has the color accents on the seat / center console. I'm hoping this is the case for Canada as I like the normal seat/center control just fine.
That sounds right. I hope so. I’m with you, prefer the regular seat trim.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Canada's options do appear to be quite different as compared to the US. We can no longer order the sport exhaust (0P6 in Canada) as a standalone option. With that in mind, not surprising if Canadians can order seats with stitching other than gray, without having to order additional options.

In summary, it appears Canadians can still order standalone options that Americans can no longer order standalone for 2019.