TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2019 TT RS - Delivered!

Old 05-20-2019, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Is it an option in Canada to get the grey seat/centre console bits while getting the blue stitching and whatnot? Do you also have the leather airbag cover?
Old 05-21-2019, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Very nice indeed Fun 101. The new hexagonal stitching is quickly growing on me. Perhaps even the fixed wing. Enjoy!!

Originally Posted by Fun101
Here's a couple...

Old 05-21-2019, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2
Is it an option in Canada to get the grey seat/centre console bits while getting the blue stitching and whatnot? Do you also have the leather airbag cover?
Hi Sam,
In Canada we can choose red or blue stitching instead of the standard black as a stand alone for no charge. The grey seat trim is standard. However, I'm not even sure we can get the blue and red trim on our seats. On the current build and price on audi.ca, it's not listed as an option. Nor is there any coloured accents on the vents or seatbelts. However, when I was exploring options at the dealer (before the site was live), there was a check box on his computer for the red 12 o'clock marker but I also don't see that on the audi.ca build and price so the sales team may be able to add things we don't see on the website. The carbon fiber inlays is also a stand alone option. I bought my RS sight unseen and I'm super happy with the interior result.

No leather airbag cover. I'm curious what that looks like.
Cheers,
Old 05-21-2019, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Very nice indeed Fun 101. The new hexagonal stitching is quickly growing on me. Perhaps even the fixed wing. Enjoy!!
Thanks Huey!
Old 05-21-2019, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks beautiful, congrats again!

I wish we could get the blue/red stitching here in the US without the bling seat and console trim to match, but it is what it is. Following my seat issues posts recently in the other thread, at least I have found those parts online to order now if I want to get them switched out for the anthracite versions - haha
Old 05-25-2019, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase! Just wondering if your exhaust has the crackles/pops? I've been reading lots about the new OPF in the exhausts muting the sound and eliminating those crackles. Hoping this is just for EU cars and not Canadian cars...
Old 05-25-2019, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I have a few questions:
1) I see your front seat stitching and center console is in blue stitch. Any other interior are in blue stitching? \
2) How about rear seats, are they in black stitching or blue?\
3) Which dealer in GTA did you get your car from?
Old 05-26-2019, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RS_Ninja
Congrats on the purchase! Just wondering if your exhaust has the crackles/pops? I've been reading lots about the new OPF in the exhausts muting the sound and eliminating those crackles. Hoping this is just for EU cars and not Canadian cars...
I used to have a Mini Cooper S. They are known for the cracks, pops and burbles. I'm going to say, no - the RS doesn't really crackle and pop. Here's what I can best describe (I have the sport exhaust button)...especially in dynamic sport mode, the down shifts have a distinct "vroom" followed by some burble when slowing down. I would say it has somewhat of a "sewing machine" whine but not high pitched...more baritone in a good way. It still has the signature TT "fart" for lack of a better term but again, I would say the tone of the RS is deeper and more throaty.

The best part is start up. Sounds GREAT!!! Very loud and active with a lot of rumble (brah, rah, ra ra rahhh!). Like a bunch of excited dogs barking. Then if you let it idle a couple minutes, it quiets down to almost dead silent. As if the dogs finally realize, "ok, we're not leaving yet" and settle right down. It still makes me laugh every time!
Old 05-26-2019, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by javp1
Congrats! I have a few questions:
1) I see your front seat stitching and center console is in blue stitch. Any other interior are in blue stitching? \
2) How about rear seats, are they in black stitching or blue?\
3) Which dealer in GTA did you get your car from?
Yes, lots of blue stitching throughout the front - along the doors and around the centre console. I'll add a couple more photos. No blue in the "back seat", just plain and black.

I bought from Queensway...very happy. You?

Old 05-26-2019, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that they have now removed contrast stitching from both shift boot and steering wheel. I am actually rather disappointed that the shift boot doesn't have the contrast stitching. Oh well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 TT RS - Delivered!