TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2019 TT RS - Delivered!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pictures. I didn't know the door leather wrap would come with colored stitches, very nice!

I haven't ordered yet, but I do hope they will continue bring in TTRS at least for another year or two so I can be ready by then
Old 05-31-2019, 06:28 PM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My TT RS is two weeks old now (in my hands)!

Thursday May 16, my TT RS arrived at the dealer (was processed through Davisville in a couple of days), everything went as efficient as anyone could have expected. My salesman called in the afternoon announcing that my TT RS had arrived. I quickly went to the dealer and was offered a garaged fully wrapped vehicle for my unwrapping if desired, I immediately took the opportunity to do it. Took me around half an hour to do it carefully. At the end I had about ten minutes to look at the car before the dealership closed, everything looked as perfect as possibly imaginable.
On Friday morning the TT RS went for the mandatory PDI (no driving by the mechanic, no gas fill-up), it was registered, and state inspected.
Friday afternoon it was mine for the weekend. Unfortunately had to drive through some heavy rain and road construction immediately.
Monday May 20, it was left at the detailing shop with 200 somehow fun miles on the odometer for full Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF and Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic coating, it was finally returned in all its beauty last Friday.

What a fantastic car! It really is the perfect tiny beast with a deep strong voice, and all kinds of luxuries, fantastic German over-engineering and over-capabilities that anyone could have imagined - what a car. My wife is even more impressed then I with it, as my expectations were appropriately high anyway. After following it on the road, she became highly impressed by the looks and "expensive sports car sound", as she describes it, many passersby do look at it intensely. It may not have the "sport exhaust with black tips" and the same full deep sound, but this regular RS exhaust is anything but quiet when the sport sound is selected, and it really is intensely "gurgled", and full of "pops" - it sounds amazingly perfect to my ears.
My local mechanic, the local RS4 guy, described the exhaust sound as awesome!

The break-in period has been tough, now with 400+ miles I'm sporadically going to 4,000 rpm, but currently keeping it mostly around 2-3,000 rpm.

I'm a bit scared as it's definitely at least a full inch lower than my R32, I thought they had the same ground clearance, it won't be easy not to scrape somewhere, really scary to drive through road resurfacing with raised manholes.

Really like all the cosmetic changes made for this 2019 model, the design of the fully functional front end is fantastic, here are a couple of photos of it, also look how beautiful the new titanium colored 19'' wheels are.

Last edited by flg; 05-31-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i also went with spoiler delete option. looks good. Should get mine shortly.

mine is Nardo
Old 05-31-2019, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the generally accepted opinion on a break in period these days?
Old 06-01-2019, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Really, Really Nice!!! I too appreciate the spoiler delete and 19" wheels. Is it Daytona grey?

Road construction season is inevitable in these parts but I'm sure won't much diminish your enjoyment.

Originally Posted by flg

Thursday May 16, my TT RS arrived at the dealer (was processed through Davisville in a couple of days), everything went as efficient as anyone could have expected. My salesman called in the afternoon announcing that my TT RS had arrived. I quickly went to the dealer and was offered a garaged fully wrapped vehicle for my unwrapping if desired, I immediately took the opportunity to do it. Took me around half an hour to do it carefully. At the end I had about ten minutes to look at the car before the dealership closed, everything looked as perfect as possibly imaginable.
On Friday morning the TT RS went for the mandatory PDI (no driving by the mechanic, no gas fill-up), it was registered, and state inspected.
Friday afternoon it was mine for the weekend. Unfortunately had to drive through some heavy rain and road construction immediately.
Monday May 20, it was left at the detailing shop with 200 somehow fun miles on the odometer for full Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF and Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic coating, it was finally returned in all its beauty last Friday.

What a fantastic car! It really is the perfect tiny beast with a deep strong voice, and all kinds of luxuries, fantastic German over-engineering and over-capabilities that anyone could have imagined - what a car. My wife is even more impressed then I with it, as my expectations were appropriately high anyway. After following it on the road, she became highly impressed by the looks and "expensive sports car sound", as she describes it, many passersby do look at it intensely. It may not have the "sport exhaust with black tips" and the same full deep sound, but this regular RS exhaust is anything but quiet when the sport sound is selected, and it really is intensely "gurgled", and full of "pops" - it sounds amazingly perfect to my ears.

The break-in period has been tough, now with 400+ miles I'm sporadically going to 4,000 rpm, but currently keeping it mostly around 2-3,000 rpm.

I'm a bit scared as it's definitely at least a full inch lower than my R32, I thought they had the same ground clearance, it won't be easy not to scrape somewhere, really scary to drive through road resurfacing with raised manholes.

Really like all the cosmetic changes made for this 2019 model, the design of the fully functional front end is fantastic, here are a couple of photos of it, also look how beautiful the new titanium colored 19'' wheels are.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:28 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Really, Really Nice!!! I too appreciate the spoiler delete and 19" wheels. Is it Daytona grey?
Thanks Huey, yes it's Daytona Grey Pearl Effect, this color changes a lot depending on the lighting. Even the red plastic inserts in the seats look fantastic in this color combination, I've received numerous compliments regarding the interior of this car, one person said "real racing car interior".

This photo was taken before the radar detector was "BlendMounted" to the interior rear-view mirror.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wheels look great--especially the titanium color. Good to hear the base exhaust is sufficiently sporty. I was coerced into selecting the 20" wheels in order to get the sport exhaust. Perhaps not necessary, but too late now, with the car in transit from the port.

I think I'm going to contact my salesman, ask him to let us (me and the wife) unwrap the car, like you did. Sounds like fun, and a good photo op.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flg

Congratulations flg! Coupled with the spoiler delete and that colour, your RS looks very refined and elegant. Very nice build! I love your wheels. There have been a few Audi wheels of late that I'm not crazy about. Those are perfect!

Enjoy the ride!
Old 06-01-2019, 10:51 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Randall_G
The wheels look great--especially the titanium color. Good to hear the base exhaust is sufficiently sporty. I was coerced into selecting the 20" wheels in order to get the sport exhaust. Perhaps not necessary, but too late now, with the car in transit from the port.
I was lucky to have been able to listen to a non-sport exhaust presold car last year, that really helped a lot. All Audi TT RS test cars were equipped with sport exhausts, and from what I've been seeing at cars.com, I've possibly the only 2019 TT RS in the US without the dynamic package, apart from a vehicle that showed up yesterday with zero options, really strange.

I'm sure it wasn't accidental that Audi USA made this year dynamic package a requirement to get the sport exhaust. I would say that it probably sounds "better", louder and deeper than what I have anyway, it just is definitely not a requirement in this car.

Thanks a lot for all the compliments, I love this car, after I got it, I couldn't sleep for a full week!!!

Last edited by flg; 06-01-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flg
*snip*

and from what I've been seeing at cars.com, I've possibly the only 2019 TT RS in the US without the dynamic package, apart from a vehicle that showed up yesterday with zero options, really strange.

*snip*
And I think I have the only 2019 TT RS without the design selection interior. As compared to other '19 TT RSs, it's going to look awfully plain and somber.

I was thinking the stripper car was customer ordered, in transit, and merely auto-populated on cars.com. But, following the link to the dealership's website:

1. The car is purportedly on the lot.
2. It has all the usual options, including dynamic and design selection interior.

Quick Reply: 2019 TT RS - Delivered!