TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2019 TT RS - Delivered!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flg

And, we have Homelink, the RS3 doesn't!
What?

I thought perhaps the RS 3 would have memory seats as consolation. Nope.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Virtual cockpit under leveraged to be sure. But let's keep in mind that in the USA all such displays must be DOT approved and we know how responsive and timely (not!) that may be!! Thanks for trying with Audi none the less.

Originally Posted by JeffreyTT
I sent email to Andre Ebner, head of Audi's onboard systems development about a number of disappointing aspects of our 2019 TTRS models. Audi makes a big deal about their MIB platform and how it enables them to add features rapidly, but here we are with a 2019 that can't do Carplay wireless, remote unlock/lock, and so on. Some of these features were on 2018 models, not to mention other 2019s.

The Virtual Cockpit is also under leveraged. How about a set of "classic audi gauge" layouts, or offer some futuristic layouts like K.I.T. (knight rider)! LOL Even the ability to set some of items to bars instead of circles would be nice. Graph power, boost, torque over time. Integrate them into the sport tach so the right/left can be other items.

Even stacking the tach/speedo on the far left, providing a larger space for CarPlay
Old 06-19-2019, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Virtual cockpit under leveraged to be sure. But let's keep in mind that in the USA all such displays must be DOT approved and we know how responsive and timely (not!) that may be!! Thanks for trying with Audi none the less.
If the new tesla model 3 can eliminate gauges altogether, then I must assume the DOT requirements can't be all that restrictive. I suspect you must have a speedometer that is reasonably accurate, but does the DOT care if it's round or something from K.I.T (knight rider)?

Jeff
Old 06-19-2019, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Given the 80's 'Vette sliding bar speedo I would think not. But just making the point that there's still a less than timely approval process.

If the new tesla model 3 can eliminate gauges altogether, then I must assume the DOT requirements can't be all that restrictive. I suspect you must have a speedometer that is reasonably accurate, but does the DOT care if it's round or something from K.I.T (knight rider)?

Jeff
Old 06-19-2019, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flg
I know the limitations of the myAudi app with our vehicles, it's really only good to send GPS addresses, but my question is regarding the message that I always get in the vehicle tab to "enable additional vehicle information...".

Do you all get this message?

To enable this, you need that little plastic thing that comes with the car when it is delivered. You need to scratch off a code and then input it into the MMI after you've signed up with your dealer. It's a difficult process and I believe the service which includes the google maps view is only free for 6 months. The remote door lock will still not be enabled but it would be interesting to see what else will be. I gave up on mine as I figured it out after 6 months and was not willing to pay extra.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rapture
To enable this, you need that little plastic thing that comes with the car when it is delivered. You need to scratch off a code and then input it into the MMI after you've signed up with your dealer. It's a difficult process and I believe the service which includes the google maps view is only free for 6 months. The remote door lock will still not be enabled but it would be interesting to see what else will be. I gave up on mine as I figured it out after 6 months and was not willing to pay extra.
That little plastic thing with the code is useless in our cars. They don't have the gateway that enables the key-user systems, so the option to input the code doesn't exist in the MMI.

The key-user is what would enable remote lock/unlock, geofencing, valet, carfinder, traffic light info, stolen car, and so on.

We get the maps, fuel pricings, twitter, flight info, news, and destination entry.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That little plastic thing with the code is useless in our cars. They don't have the gateway that enables the key-user systems, so the option to input the code doesn't exist in the MMI.

The key-user is what would enable remote lock/unlock, geofencing, valet, carfinder, traffic light info, stolen car, and so on.

We get the maps, fuel pricings, twitter, flight info, news, and destination entry.
Yes, my dealer did the scratch-off-to-expose-the-code on the plastic thing, don't know if he ever found a place to enter it. He gave me the plastic thing to keep. And, I have a myAudi PIN, which shows up under "Vehicle Connection" in the myAudi app. Still getting the "contact Audi partner" message.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Randall_G
Yes, my dealer did the scratch-off-to-expose-the-code on the plastic thing, don't know if he ever found a place to enter it. He gave me the plastic thing to keep. And, I have a myAudi PIN, which shows up under "Vehicle Connection" in the myAudi app. Still getting the "contact Audi partner" message.
You won't be able to get rid of that message. It's a bug, confirmed by Audi Connect folks. I guess there was an assumption that our 2019's would have the modern tech! LOL
Old 06-20-2019, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Viking Conquest with my Nardo Gray onboard tied up in Davisville today with another load of U.S. cars...next stop is Jacksonville then Houston on the 29th to offload my vehicle....getting very anxious now!
Old 06-27-2019, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default GTA meet

So.. when’s the meet happenin..

The following users liked this post:
RW_Carbon (07-02-2019)

Quick Reply: 2019 TT RS - Delivered!