TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2019 TT-RS not coming to USA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 TT-RS not coming to USA?

My dealer in San Antonio says they cant order one and dont know if they will be able to again?
Anyone know about this? Now I am all ready to go and Audi wont build one for me?
Old 01-25-2019, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LOVEMYGOLFR
My dealer in San Antonio says they cant order one and dont know if they will be able to again?
Anyone know about this? Now I am all ready to go and Audi wont build one for me?
All over the internet today... but, may be a Euro-picture: https://fourtitude.com/news/leaked-p...KfEudt4wxO9w5g. And before you ask PI is Product Improvement (as in 'refresh').

Old 01-26-2019, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
All over the internet today... but, may be a Euro-picture: https://fourtitude.com/news/leaked-p...KfEudt4wxO9w5g. And before you ask PI is Product Improvement (as in 'refresh').

This comports with what my dealer has been told which that he will see his first TT RS allocation in March which should translate into delivery in the June/July timeframe.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Are we really getting the SQ2 and later RS Q3 in NA? Doubtful. But then as cited likely "Euro-picture."

Last edited by Huey52; 01-26-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic

The chart is in Spanish, not English. Before you ask re. PI

Pretty slack of Fourtitude to clip the image and not accredit it nor do any research on what it was applying to, but they have never been the same since George left.

Source: Carscoops, obtained from Periodismo del Motor

And was shown in the Spanish market, according to the original site posting the doco, so models and timings have little relevance to the North American market. But it does appear accurate so far.

And it does indicate that they will be reintroducing the TT RS, which was certainly not a given. RS vehicles almost never cross over model updates - they are limited production in terms of both numbers and production duration. As Mercedes-AMG have lifted the output of their 2 litre engine in the impending A45/CLA45 new models, would expect Audi Sport to be doing the same.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

IMO, Audi USA will definitely sell the updated 2019 RS in the US. According to my estimates, the RS accounted for about half of all TT sales in the US last year and was the only bright spot in dismal TT sales. The TTS and TTRS provides the highest factory profit margin for the TT line. (You don't really think it costs Audi an extra $20K to manufacture an RS as compared to a base TT?) So not selling the RS would be suicide for the TT product line in the US. As discussed in another thread, no one knows what USA will get regarding the TTRS update. All the information released to date is for the Euro model and we've already seen that the 2019 base and TTS did not get all of the refresh items that the Euro versions have.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I hope a few more of the optional extras become standard features, given how all TT models now come with the virtual cockpit, for example. You can spec out a TTS pretty close to a TTRS, save the drivetrain, body kit, and start/stop + drive select buttons on the steering wheel. Standard OLED tail lights would be nice.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I have posted here my analysis (errr... frustration) on the spec’ing of the 2019 TTS vs the 2018 TTRS. The good news is that better interior options (i.e. more 2018 TTRS like) are availble with the 2019 TTS. So, things like red trim around the vents, red stitching, carbon interior inserts, nicer wheels can be had in the cheaper TTS. The only snag I came across with the 2019 TTS is that I wanted carbon trim, but no spoiler. Unfortunately, no game. For no spoiler, and wanting carbon interior trim, I am looking at a TTRS with one extra cyclinder and $15k USD more.

As you say, the TTRS looses a little “special-ism” except for the extra cylinder.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

And the spoiler is taken right off the TTRS, granted it appears to be last year's style. Even the R8 steering wheel can be selected on the TTS now as part of the Competition Package.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Well.....is super frustrating to say but.....as you have all found out you can't actually "buy" a TT RS, and Audi know its. So....let's just dress up a TTS with similar design and hope people will buy that alternative. I guess there will be some happy TTS buyers, and very disappointed TT RS admirers. .

Quick Reply: 2019 TT-RS not coming to USA?