TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2019 TT-RS not coming to USA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I loved the sound of my ex-TTS. Fortunately, my ears never heard the to-die-for 5 cylinder sound, and I can go on with my life happy the TTS exists. I'd be all over the TTRS if it would do something akin to the RS5 with some wider wheel arches. Just some exterior styling (besides the lower front grille and exhaust pipes)!

It's all good. At this point I think my "RS Dreams" will finally be realized via an RS5 SB. Just working out the tax season. :-)
Old 01-30-2019, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Well.....is super frustrating to say but.....as you have all found out you can't actually "buy" a TT RS, and Audi know its. So....let's just dress up a TTS with similar design and hope people will buy that alternative. I guess there will be some happy TTS buyers, and very disappointed TT RS admirers. .
I wonder if the proportionally good sales of the RS was a driving factor to create more appeal for the lower models (assuming they don't improve the RS offerings in the TBD 2019 facelift). A TTS spec'd as close as can be to the RS is about $6,000 cheaper. The 5 cylinder is the primary reason I want the car, so I'd still go for the RS or nothing personally, but to people who don't mind the tried and true VW 4 pot they'll definitely be very happy.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The RSQ3 is coming to the US market. Along with RSQ8.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
The RSQ3 is coming to the US market. ....
Really? I had all but given up on seeing an MQB-based SQ3, much less an RSQ3 and was prepared to go GLA 45 next year. Hmmmm....
Old 02-09-2019, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

RS6 is also coming to the US market. 😬
Old 02-09-2019, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

RS6 is also coming to the US market. 😬
I will believe it when I see it. They have pulled the rug out from under me too many times.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary

I will believe it when I see it. They have pulled the rug out from under me too many times.
I understand. I've waited for years for a new RS4 to come. I had to settle for the time being on the RS5 SB.
https://carbuzz.com/news/exclusive-a...vant-to-the-us

Scott Keogh, the former president of AOA, made it his mission to bring more RS models into the USA market. Here are the timelines:

2020:
RSQ3 (new)
RSQ8 (new)
RS7 (refresh)

TBA:
RS6

I didn't mean to hijack this thread.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I understand. I've waited for years for a new RS4 to come. I had to settle for the time being on the RS5 SB.
https://carbuzz.com/news/exclusive-a...vant-to-the-us

Scott Keogh, the former president of AOA, made it his mission to bring more RS models into the USA market. Here are the timelines:

2020:
RSQ3 (new)
RSQ8 (new)
RS7 (refresh)

TBA:
RS6

I didn't mean to hijack this thread.
except, not

RS6 yes

RS7 - yes, but S7 will be first

The rest have no plans at this time
Old 02-09-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

SCarGuy stop spewing inaccurate information to consumers. You sell Audi’s and it’s kinda sad you’re trolling these forums.

This is is the second time I’ve found you responding inappropriately. First with lying AFS was not offering 1.9% and looking at your past history if you have a pattern of doing so.

In other words: Fake news.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

SCarGuy stop spewing inaccurate information to consumers. You sell Audi’s and it’s kinda sad you’re trolling these forums.

This is is the second time I’ve found you responding inappropriately. First with lying AFS was not offering 1.9% and looking at your past history if you have a pattern of doing so.

In other words: Fake news.

firstly, Audi does not offer 1.9% financing on any 2018 2019 model as of now, at least not in my region - I have the programs sitting in front of me and work with them every single day, 70+ hours a week. Financing is always regionally based, but I can't fathom how they are offering anything dramatically different in one market vs another for January or February. The cars that are getting it are CPO 2013-2017 Allroads, for 12-24 month terms. Hadn't noticed that till today, since I rarely do the preowned cars via financing. Fact remains, it's not on anything new, and, unfortunately, AFS doesn't rate match. They are a bit unique from a banking perspective in that they have different rates for different model lines. This is something you typically see on a preowned car (SUV's tend to get a bit better of a rate than cars from many banks). I don't know if other brands do things the same way now or not, been a long time since I financed with anyone else. In any event, AFS sets the floor, on a monthly basis, for each vehicle. They simply won't go below that floor, regardless of credit.

Secondly, no RSQ3 nor RSQ8 has any confirmation, real or imagined, for the US as of yet. The next model will be the RS6. From there, unfortunately, no one knows.

Believe me, don't believe me, no skin off my back either way.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 02-09-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 TT-RS not coming to USA?