TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2019 TT RS Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Checked in with Vincenzo yesterday. My TT RS completed production on 4/16, and has been issued a VIN (which he listed in the PM). ETA for arriving at the dealer is toward the end of June.

Still not a peep out of the Audi Owner in Waiting Program.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First 2019 TT RS listed on cars.com:

https://tinyurl.com/y2w8rr89
Old 04-19-2019, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

VIN assigned and in transit from the factory.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:59 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Randall_G
Still waiting to receive an email from the Owner in Waiting Program, telling me the car has gone into production.
As stated at Audizine forums, I also only received a bogus welcome email (mentioning a Q5) from the Owner in Waiting Program, nothing else afterwords.

Do these vehicles really take a full month in transit from Hungary and being processed through the port of Emden in Germany, or should we expect these ETA dates to be shortened? In my case, with production completed on 4/14/19 the ETA ship departure is currently set for 5/15/19, ETA delivery at 6/2/19-6/16/19.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't had any official document with dates on yet, but my dealer says he has estimates of production starting week of 04/29, and so (he says) should arrive at the dealer in MD early June. Looking at all the date info posted here I'd say that is extremely optimistic so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

It's not just the actual travel from the factory to port but also the queue time prior to that transit, awaiting the vessel itself, roll on/roll off time, etc. I think they list the average or worst case timeframe. My TTS was unexpectedly stuck in receiving port as well so hopefully you avoid that possibility. But all worth it in the end.

Originally Posted by flg
As stated at Audizine forums, I also only received a bogus welcome email (mentioning a Q5) from the Owner in Waiting Program, nothing else afterwords.

Do these vehicles really take a full month in transit from Hungary and being processed through the port of Emden in Germany, or should we expect these ETA dates to be shortened? In my case, with production completed on 4/14/19 the ETA ship departure is currently set for 5/15/19, ETA delivery at 6/2/19-6/16/19.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Production complete on mine as of 4/11/19 per the sales manager. Received the email from Audi that it was done on 4/20. Now I'm waiting for any updates on the late May to early June delivery timeframe.

Glacier White
Black Optics
Dynamic Package
Technology Package
Carbon Fiber Inlays
Fixed RS Sports Suspension
Old 04-21-2019, 08:49 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Still waiting to receive an email from the Owner in Waiting Program, telling me the car has gone into production.
Originally Posted by bi11r
Production complete on mine as of 4/11/19 per the sales manager. Received the email from Audi that it was done on 4/20.
As I stated before, I also only received the welcome email, so, was this an actual production complete email received directly from the Owner in Waiting Program?

Has anyone else received regular emails from this program?
Old 04-21-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flg
As I stated before, I also only received the welcome email, so, was this an actual production complete email received directly from the Owner in Waiting Program?

Has anyone else received regular emails from this program?
Yes. Actual email from Audi Communications.

"The production of your Audi TT RS is complete. Your vehicle is now on its way to the port of Emden, where it will be scheduled to start its journey across the ocean to the United States. Soon, you’ll be behind the wheel of your custom-ordered and uniquely personal Audi TT RS. Once your vehicle arrives in the United States, I’ll contact you to schedule your delivery.

Until then, I invite you to explore helpful online content that explains some of the most technologically advanced features of your new Audi vehicle."

It's automated to have a signature of whoever your sales person is who entered your name into the owner in waiting program. In my instance it was the sales manager at the dealership.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:21 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
It's not just the actual travel from the factory to port but also the queue time prior to that transit, awaiting the vessel itself, roll on/roll off time, etc. I think they list the average or worst case timeframe. My TTS was unexpectedly stuck in receiving port as well so hopefully you avoid that possibility. But all worth it in the end.
The waiting really gets worse now that we know that our vehicles are out there.

These are the videos that I'm now watching, when I first watched the first video, I was like WTF!, it starts with some TTs being loaded and the video is sped-up at the very beginning. Please don't laugh, as I'll get nightmares out of this video.

I'm at maximum anxiety now, did you see how big one of the drivers was? Now I'm even paranoid on how my precious driver seat is being broken in.

Last edited by flg; 04-21-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 TT RS Order Status