TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Adjusting Bluetooth media volume?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Bluetooth media volume?

hi all, new TT mk3 but not new to Audi

I'm in the process of setting up the MMI. I have a galaxy s8 as my primary mobile phone connected via Bluetooth for calls and also as my media playback device.
I have it all working and singing just fine but I haven't figured out how to adjust the volume levels jumping between say radio and media.
Radio is at say volume level 5 but the equivalent Bluetooth media playback is sitting at more a 1 so when I jump back to radio the volume levels are now at a 10 or something and everything is super loud.

I know there must be a way to adjust volume levels so you don't have a heart attack by accident lol.

Any pointers appreciated
Old 11-11-2017, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have a 2017 TT and the same problem with media using my iPhone.
I most often toggle between satellite radio and an audiobook on my phone. The MMI remembers the volume for radio but not for the Bluetooth device, though it remember that I was on Bluetooth or radio. Other cars I’ve had didn’t present this volume problem. I’m not aware of anyway to set a volume control for Bluetooth media, except to remember to turn up the volume quickly when the audiobook is playing. Very interested in any solution.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try turning up the volume on the phone.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Pungschter
Try turning up the volume on the phone.
I have, doesn’t seem to be the problem
Old 11-11-2017, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

I had an issue with Waze blowing my ears out when I was listening to the radio at a normal level. I found there was a volume in the app itself. I have it on the lowest level for it to be close to the volume of the radio!

Notice how low it is set at.

Last edited by GaBoYnFla; 11-11-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I see what you mean but the Audible app I use is dependent on the phone volume which is always set at full.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Bishy
hi all, new TT mk3 but not new to Audi

I'm in the process of setting up the MMI. I have a galaxy s8 as my primary mobile phone connected via Bluetooth for calls and also as my media playback device.
I have it all working and singing just fine but I haven't figured out how to adjust the volume levels jumping between say radio and media.
Radio is at say volume level 5 but the equivalent Bluetooth media playback is sitting at more a 1 so when I jump back to radio the volume levels are now at a 10 or something and everything is super loud.

I know there must be a way to adjust volume levels so you don't have a heart attack by accident lol.

Any pointers appreciated
I did find the solution to my specific issue - there is an actual INPUT LEVEL volume level adjustment buried within one of the menu's you can lower or raise the level there so it matches with the radio etc - so no more frights !
Old 11-14-2017, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

There is a way to adjust it - there's definitely an INPUT LEVEL settings for the bluetooth media playback. Next time I go back into it - I'll go take a photo
Old 11-14-2017, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bishy
I did find the solution to my specific issue - there is an actual INPUT LEVEL volume level adjustment buried within one of the menu's you can lower or raise the level there so it matches with the radio etc - so no more frights !
Where was it located?
B