TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Any Photoshop Guru's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any Photoshop Guru's?

Considering getting these wheels refinished in Gunmetal but would love to get a good idea what it might look like before I spend the time and $.
Any photoshop experts who can do these wheels in a grey a little lighter than the body color? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !!!
Old 07-14-2018, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

You didn't exactly ask for our opinion, but your car looks pretty great as it is. I wouldn't touch the wheels.

Last edited by VGM911; 07-14-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I agree. I really like your 5-spoke wheels as-is.

Originally Posted by VGM911
You didn't exactly ask for our opinion, but your car looks pretty great as it is. I wouldn't touch the wheels.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
I agree. I really like your 5-spoke wheels as-is.
Indeed, I love the look of my wheels, certainly adds a little sport or "muscle" as apposed to the OE mesh which gives more of a classy touch. I've always had an affinity to a good 5-spoke and this one does the trick. As these need to be refinished (not obvious in pics) since they've been on my A6 for a few years now, I wanted to consider my options. I've been increasingly drawn to the "gunmetal" (not black) as seen a bunch of nice pics like this. While these are concave and not a 5-spoke, I realize my wheels may have an entirely different look in gunmetal. Hence the Photoshop request. Someone proficient may give me the reference needed to make up my mind without taking the leap-of-faith ($$$) and being disappointed.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I would do the gunmetal on the outer/main part of the wheel and leave the indented parts silver.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This the look you're after?
Old 07-16-2018, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Prior to my TT, I had a Gunmetallic 370Z. I painted the silver wheels a darker shade of gunmetal (the 40th Anniversary color) and loved the look. The wheel color had a touch of purple hue in it to help distinguish it from the body color.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by metlhd
Indeed, I love the look of my wheels, certainly adds a little sport or "muscle" as apposed to the OE mesh which gives more of a classy touch. I've always had an affinity to a good 5-spoke and this one does the trick. As these need to be refinished (not obvious in pics) since they've been on my A6 for a few years now, I wanted to consider my options. I've been increasingly drawn to the "gunmetal" (not black) as seen a bunch of nice pics like this. While these are concave and not a 5-spoke, I realize my wheels may have an entirely different look in gunmetal. Hence the Photoshop request. Someone proficient may give me the reference needed to make up my mind without taking the leap-of-faith ($$$) and being disappointed.

So.....do you have anything to report to us?

Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VGM911
So.....do you have anything to report to us?
Never got a "guru" to assist so I went with Silver (reference my TT-R build thread) as I knew that was going to look good. Just didn't want to spend the effort and $ without a good photoshop to sway me to the Dark Side.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only took 5 minutes.
Duplicate layer.
Change layer to Multiply
Select wheels
Invert
Layer mask so only wheels are darkened.

Quick Reply: Any Photoshop Guru's?