TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Any TT-RS Daily driver's out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any TT-RS Daily driver's out there?

Just curious, anyone pick a TT-RS as a daily driver yet? For most folks that are even looking at a seriously capable, high performance road car the RS3 probably makes more sense as a daily on account of it's back seat and layout but I can certainly see the TT-RS appealing to someone as a daily if they did not need the backseat space or the second set of doors. The trade-off in the TT-RS's favor would be better seats / interior, lighter weight and a higher overall cargo capacity so it seems like it would be able to be a fun and competent daily, at least on paper.

It may also be too early yet to really get a feel for how folks are using their TT-RS's just because their are so few out there. I know it is a low volume car but I am curious to know how many Audi is going to produce and sell in the US and if we will also get the refreshed version in 2020 ( I certainly hope so!).
Old 12-14-2017, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine's a daily for me once a week and then the wife has it for four days, in reverse I drive her Golf R for the rest of the working week - we then swap back at weeknds.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I daily mine in Houston. It goes from my garage to a great parking spot in my building's covered garage exactly 7.5 miles from my house. Total commuting mileage a week = 75 miles.

I went the route of having a daily driver while the "toy car" stayed in the garage, and I ended-up never driving the toy (370Z). Because of my job/parking/commute situation, I decided to daily the TT RS and love it. I actually look forward to the drive in and the miserable commute otherwise home.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I trade off with my S5 Sportback during the week. I spread the mileage out between the two since round trip to and from work is about 100 miles.
If I lived closer to work the TT-RS would be my go to ride; it's so fun to drive.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Gaither
Just curious, anyone pick a TT-RS as a daily driver yet? For most folks that are even looking at a seriously capable, high performance road car the RS3 probably makes more sense as a daily on account of it's back seat and layout but I can certainly see the TT-RS appealing to someone as a daily if they did not need the backseat space or the second set of doors. The trade-off in the TT-RS's favor would be better seats / interior, lighter weight and a higher overall cargo capacity so it seems like it would be able to be a fun and competent daily, at least on paper.

It may also be too early yet to really get a feel for how folks are using their TT-RS's just because their are so few out there. I know it is a low volume car but I am curious to know how many Audi is going to produce and sell in the US and if we will also get the refreshed version in 2020 ( I certainly hope so!).
I think the refresh is likely to be a 2019
Old 12-15-2017, 04:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I use mine as my daily driver during the week and we use our SQ5 for the weekend, trips, etc.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 249 Likes on 212 Posts
Default As I posted elsewhere here, one car mag is saying 2020MY refresh

Originally Posted by Rapture
I think the refresh is likely to be a 2019
which obviously comes out late 2019CY. As in the Mk 2 refresh, the whole world will get the Mk 3 refresh at the same time. Manufacturing issues force that decision.

The RS3 is a great car, a Car and Driver 10 best! But the TTRS leaves the RS3 in the dust due to lower weight and cg. The RS3 does not have the virtual dash. Personally, the RS3 styling is too bland for my taste.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Gaither

Mine is my DD w/ ~6000 miles on it so far. I'll do 15,000-20,000 miles a year based on my typical driving patterns. No problems, love the vehicle and after switching to 19" lightweight wheels + PS4S tires the ride is great.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great to hear. Thanks for the input, everyone. I have always had a thing for sporty hatchbacks and I definitely like the looks and layout of the TT-RS over the RS3. Should I go that route I would opt for the 19" wheels for ride comfort and lesser road noise. I'll start my test drives and serious inquiries in early 2019 so I've still got plenty of time but I always reading about others impressions and experiences with their cars.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
which obviously comes out late 2019CY. As in the Mk 2 refresh, the whole world will get the Mk 3 refresh at the same time. Manufacturing issues force that decision.

The RS3 is a great car, a Car and Driver 10 best! But the TTRS leaves the RS3 in the dust due to lower weight and cg. The RS3 does not have the virtual dash. Personally, the RS3 styling is too bland for my taste.
I would think this would be out in late 2018, but kind of hope I am wrong.

Quick Reply: Any TT-RS Daily driver's out there?