TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Anyone else getting calls from dealers

Old 06-06-2019, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Anyone else getting calls from dealers

I am getting barraged by email and telephone from local dealers to trade in my 2016 TTS.
Has anyone here experienced the same?
I would do it, but the 2019 'upgrade' isn't that great. And, I still hate the B&O Stereo.
Bob
Old 06-06-2019, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not had more than a single call from my regular/local dealer, but I've had plenty of emails, that are very cleverly arranged/designed to look like an internal email that is from one person to another, talking about a specific deal for me - they have figured out a way to get me into a 2019 TTS - and asking that person to reach out to me. That person then does email me by forwarding that exchange to tell me about this exciting specific offer. Got to give them 10/10 for effort, but its clearly a LCM/CRM system that has sent it, especially since I've received an almost identical one on three separate occasions hehe.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 211 Posts

Audi dealers are very hungry. Audi having a disastrous 2019CY, sales down 9% across all models compared to same period a year ago. April down over 20%. No one is buying A3, A4, or TT. TT sales down this year 40% compared to last year. They don't specifically want your TTS (because it is a tough re-sell at this time), they are just desperate to move new iron out the door. Probably the best time in years to buy a new Audi.

Agree that there is very virtually nothing in the 2019 TT refresh worth trading a 2016.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 06-06-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Yep, not so much they want the trade (even tho' they make more margin on pre-owned than new) but rather just to move units in a dry spell. And the 2016 is of course now in the typical 3-year lease turnover zone.

Alas sedans are pretty much dead as everyone going CUV/SUV (guilty in my family as well). Ford no longer even building sedans.

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
Audi dealers are very hungry. Audi having a disastrous 2019CY, sales down 9% across all models compared to same period a year ago. April down over 20%. No one is buying A3, A4, or TT. TT sales down this year 40% compared to last year. They don't specifically want your TTS (because it is a tough re-sell at this time), they are just desperate to move new iron out the door. Probably the best time in years to buy a new Audi.

Agree that there is very virtually nothing in the 2019 TT refresh worth trading a 2016.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I am certainly interested in getting a different color, but the offer really doesn't seem to make much financial sense.
If I recall, I'll be getting a new car with trade in for about $32K. I might as well wait for a 2020 anniversary model.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes -- multiple emails and calls on "interest" in both my 2013 TTS and my 2013 A6. So I presented to the dealer what I wanted for mine -- and what I wanted to pay for his. (Hey, he called me, right?) When they could not match what I wanted for the 2013 TTS, I went looking -- and found a great deal on a 2018 TTS w/ 7100 miles for $14k off initial list. Since I like it better than the 2019 MY, I bit. And I'm glad I did. I think this is the one I'll drive the wheels off given the anticipated transition to e-cars.

Oh, the A6? Yeah, not interested. The new ones have a feature that my current one does not have -- and I like it that way. A monthly note. And with only 55k on the odometer, it is doing just fine, thank you!
Old 06-09-2019, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 211 Posts

I have been consistently disappointed in expressions of interest in my TT by my Audi dealer, or any of my wife's various car dealers over the years. In the case of my past TTs, Carmax has always beat what Audi dealers will pay me for a trade, usually by at least $1K. I then usually beat CarMax selling the car myself. On my last transaction for my wife, she had a high end Hyundai (if that's not a oxymoron). We got calls from the dealer every month saying they just had to have her car as they had multiple buyers. So my wife gets a CPO MB E350. The Hyundai was 3 years old and about 35K on the ticker so I go to said dealer and the dealer tells me all of the mechanical issues wrong with the car they just HAD to buy from me for all those customers waiting in line. I replied that I just had the car into their shop 2 weeks ago for routine service and was not informed of these various issues, and if they existed they should be fixed under warranty. Bottom line is CarMax beat them by $2K. No wonder you have to wash your hands after visiting a car dealership or a bathroom.