TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Boot times on Nav?

Old 07-08-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boot times on Nav?

Does everyone have about a 25-30 second boot up time on their nav systems when the car starts up? It typically takes me about 2 minutes to enter a destination between boot time and voice recognition on the nav system. I wonder if that's typical?

Also, where do I find the "send to car" alerts? I've tried this feature several times and I cannot seem to find where the destination is sent to. I can't tell if I'm an idiot or if the send-to-car isn't working.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

My Nav screen doesn't typically take that long to boot; I would say 15 seconds on average. In fact I use that as my "preflight oil circulation" duration. Of course it could be related to GPS satellite positioning/access in your area.

The Google map overlay can take considerably longer dependent on local Cell access, etc. In fact I'm typically about to exit my development before it enables.

Menu button on console and then scroll to/select the Navigation icon and you should see a listing of sent destinations below the manual entry line.

Originally Posted by grey67
Does everyone have about a 25-30 second boot up time on their nav systems when the car starts up? It typically takes me about 2 minutes to enter a destination between boot time and voice recognition on the nav system. I wonder if that's typical?

Also, where do I find the "send to car" alerts? I've tried this feature several times and I cannot seem to find where the destination is sent to. I can't tell if I'm an idiot or if the send-to-car isn't working.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Huey52
My Nav screen doesn't typically take that long to boot; I would say 15 seconds on average. In fact I use that as my "preflight oil circulation" duration. Of course it could be related to GPS satellite positioning/access in your area.

The Google map overlay can take considerably longer dependent on local Cell access, etc. In fact I'm typically about to exit my development before it enables.

Menu button on console and then scroll to/select the Navigation icon and you should see a listing of sent destinations below the manual entry line.
OK I think then there's something incorrectly set up on my audi connect or google maps side, cause I only see destinations I've manually entered into the car's nav. Ugh. This is really annoying. It was mindlessly simple on my BMW but Audi's nav is much hard to figure out.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Google Map -> Audi download has been a crap shoot for awhile. It worked flawlessly a half dozen years ago, then not at all, and now hit or miss.

Having said that the last three Google Map downloads I did fairly recently worked AOK.

The direct download via MyAudi does work reliably however (and thanks again for reminding me of the site; obviously been awhile).

QUOTE=grey67;25009016]OK I think then there's something incorrectly set up on my audi connect or google maps side, cause I only see destinations I've manually entered into the car's nav. Ugh. This is really annoying. It was mindlessly simple on my BMW but Audi's nav is much hard to figure out.[/QUOTE]
Attached Images  

Last edited by Huey52; 07-22-2017 at 08:04 AM.