TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Brushed Aluminum Trim Review

Old 08-03-2018, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brushed Aluminum Trim Review

So... after posting an inquiry here earlier with no responses, I decided to take a chance on these. Found the company in Germany and purchased direct. Not sure if they make them there but there was no "made in china" info in the package and the quality seems Euro for sure. Very pleased with the product and results. I decided against mounting the dash vent pcs as it seemed a bit busy with the B&O speaker trim directly above.
The speaker trim and gauge access Carbon/Alu "TT" pc are very nice addition but give a heads-up reflection off the windshield during the day so the jury is still out but it's beginning to grow on me. After a few hour drive it's already less noticeable and I am kind of liking the ghost "cat eye" effect as it's out of the line of vision but certainly undeniable.
Dash side-pod "TT" inserts and Door handle trim get BIG thumbs up, nuf said.
Cup holder trim is a nice addition and should serve a dual purpose by protecting the OE gunmetal from careless insertions of beverage containers.
The little trim below the MMI was my biggest concern for match as it buts up directly to the OE trim but it will remain as long as it's minimal adhesive holds.
I also mounted trim around the HomeLink and Headlight switch, both look factory.
So while this may not be for everyone (not cheap in price or quality), it was definitely a find for this guy. I love the OE aluminum trim and enjoy personalizing my stuff in a tasteful manner and this stuff fits the bill !

Old 08-03-2018, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

I find this to be VERY nice upgrades, even if only appreciated by you and other enthusiast. I have the rare textured anthracite trim on my TT, but would gladly add these upgrades to my own car. I always wished the dash speakers had more brightwork to hi light them. I did upgrade my seat switches to alluma-look outlined pieces, and that really ads something special you see every time you open the door. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-03-2018, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeah, here's the source. Didn't get great communication but that can be expected?

https://pogiparts.de/en/audi/tt/8s/