TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

This car is... Ridiculous!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This car is... Ridiculous!

Having owned several 140+ trap cars and racing in many forms, this car just takes the damn cake. It feels like a complete extension of me. So connected, so much feed back, so much damn fun. Ive never been happier in a performance car like I am with this TTRS. And the refinement and luxury is just icing. I cant even imagine what its going to be like once I start modding. Simply Amazing... im in love
Old 06-01-2018, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZTTRS
Having owned several 140+ trap cars and racing in many forms, this car just takes the damn cake. It feels like a complete extension of me. So connected, so much feed back, so much damn fun. Ive never been happier in a performance car like I am with this TTRS. And the refinement and luxury is just icing. I cant even imagine what its going to be like once I start modding. Simply Amazing... im in love
I am not an owner but my test drive was pretty eye-opening. Its one thing to hear people say over and over "this car is really fast!" but it is completely different to experience it yourself. The rate at which these cars gain speed is amazing and coupled with the sound they make while doing so makes the TTRS a really fun car to play with. And then of course there is the way the 5 cylinder revs out which is both smooth but also really wails. For a sports car it's a unique experience and its a shame more people haven't given it a chance.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

its very true, this car is simply awesome. Ive raced a few buddies already and it has not being pretty for them. Going to the twisties this weekend
Old 06-01-2018, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

its very true, this car is simply awesome. Ive raced a few buddies already and it has not being pretty for them. Going to the twisties this weekend
If you like it in a straight line, you are gonna love it in the twisties . I have made over a dozen runs of the Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles) in my TT RS and have yet to come across anything stock that can keep pace. The short wheel base with lots of power makes the TT RS pretty much top dog in a tight turn fest with a lots of elevation change like the Tail. Already have over 14k on mine and it still excites me very time I drive it.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by McTTRS
If you like it in a straight line, you are gonna love it in the twisties . I have made over a dozen runs of the Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles) in my TT RS and have yet to come across anything stock that can keep pace. The short wheel base with lots of power makes the TT RS pretty much top dog in a tight turn fest with a lots of elevation change like the Tail. Already have over 14k on mine and it still excites me very time I drive it.
That's great to hear! Ive been wanting to make it to the tail of the dragon for sometime. We are going to a place we call the "twisted sisters" its fun. Really going to get a feel for handling here. Im going to push it. So far in straight line it has not disappointed. Ive beat some pretty good cars already. Im going out to the sisters with a gt350, Porsche gt2-3..not sure, a couple GTR's, and a couple of super charged BRZ's...we shall see
Old 06-03-2018, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great to hear! Ive been wanting to make it to the tail of the dragon for sometime. We are going to a place we call the "twisted sisters" its fun. Really going to get a feel for handling here. Im going to push it. So far in straight line it has not disappointed. Ive beat some pretty good cars already. Im going out to the sisters with a gt350, Porsche gt2-3..not sure, a couple GTR's, and a couple of super charged BRZ's...we shall see
I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. I've had my TT RS out on the sisters twice, with other TTs and other R/S model Audis, and it's a blast. The TT RS feels right at home in the turns, particularly accelerating out up hill.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by McTTRS

Let me know when U decide to go to the Tail of The Dragon again! I have taken my Alfa 4C before but would luv to take the TT RS.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by milo337

Let me know when U decide to go to the Tail of The Dragon again! I have taken my Alfa 4C before but would luv to take the TT RS.
I'd be in for a ToTD TTRS Meet Up and Ride I'd even help organize, but I've never done anything like that, so don't even know where to start....
Old 06-06-2018, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by sladams1
I'd be in for a ToTD TTRS Meet Up and Ride I'd even help organize, but I've never done anything like that, so don't even know where to start....
As I told Milo337 by private message "Being retired and living in Huntsville, I can go almost anytime I like but during the middle of the week is best. On the weekends, the bikes cover the place up like a cloud of angry insects and the heat comes out to moderate the festivities."
I am up for it anytime. I go up with a PCA group each October and we stay at the Tapoco Lodge for a multi-day event. I would be up for either a day trip or a multi-day event and as the head of the local Audi Club may be able to bring along some of the local Audis as well. If you would like to respond by private message, perhaps we can organize something.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:55 PM
isb
AudiWorld Member

If TTS’s would be welcome, I’d beinterested, schedule permitting. Of course, I’d be torn about not bringing the bike!

Quick Reply: This car is... Ridiculous!