TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Central Indicator Light On Indicating Headlight Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Indicator Light On Indicating Headlight Problem

I had to have a new headlight installed in my 2016 TT Quattro after someone pulled out in front of me and caused $5000 worth of damage to the front of the car. The central indicator light is on and the light indicating I have a headlight problem. However, both headlights are working. Besides replacing the headlight is there some procedure to reset the warning lights? If so is it something I can do or is this another dealer only job?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I would contact whoever did the repair and get them to resolve the issue. He should have taken care of that. If he refuses, I guess going to the dealer is the next step. In fact, I would have the dealer inspect the car to make sure the repairs were made properly. If not, contact your insurance company.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Indicator Light On Indicating Headlight Problem

Originally Posted by Gbob
I would contact whoever did the repair and get them to resolve the issue. He should have taken care of that. If he refuses, I guess going to the dealer is the next step. In fact, I would have the dealer inspect the car to make sure the repairs were made properly. If not, contact your insurance company.
Thank you for your reply. The body shop said they followed what Audi said to do to shut the warning light off. But it is still on. Then Audi told them that I might have to drive it a couple of times before it would go out. (Sounds like they were just trying to get off the phone.) So the body shop said they would take it to a dealer if that is what is needed. We live in a rural area and it is over an hour to the nearest Audi dealer, who is not at all willing to give out any information. So I was just trying to find out if it is only something a dealer can correct. If so there is no point in wasting time trying to fix it.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Gotcha.
I know dealers can be a pain, but these cars are so specific with regards to electronic components that it requires the proper diagnostic tools- which we mere mortals are not avail to.
At least your repair shop is doing the right thing.
B