TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

The cover question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The cover question

I live on top of a mountain in PA. We get a lot of snow, rain, sun and occasionally a lot of wind (Car is in an alcove so the wind is minimal). I want a car cover for when it snows and when birds are evil (usually right after a car wash). I purchased the Audi TT specific one, opened it and thought it was crap (thin and no protective interior). I returned it immediately, because for $250, surely there must be something better.

Can anyone recommend one to store my roadster baby outdoors or point me in the right direction? I'm not really worried about dings, just the weather, keeping it clean and avian missile bombers. I'll pay up to $500 if it's worth it, but and looking in the range of $250.

*no I cannot store it in the garage as that's filled with motorcycles
Old 03-11-2017, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol. Yeah, BIRDS SUCK! Hate them. Following this as I would be interested in getting a cover as well. Thanks for reporting back about the Audi TT one sucking.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I've been very satisfied with California Car Cover on a number of outdoor parked vehicles. It's important to get a "breathable" cover, e.g. Superweave (Gore-tex type material; ~$300 USD). Note that these type covers are thin as well, however if you were ding concerned they have heavier padded types. But again the thin breathable type has stood by me in all climes.

California Car Cover Company - Car Cover Materials

Last edited by Huey52; 03-11-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

+1 for California Car Covers.
I use one on my Sprinter Van (TTS is garaged).
Plus, they are a very nice company to deal with. Great customer service.
bob
Old 03-11-2017, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 for Cal Car Cover.
I've had them since '92 for my Astro Van, Cad STS's, Corvettes, & TTS (just sold that one). Not the cheapest in the world but their service is great & the quality is outstanding.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow, a lot of love for California covers! I will definitely check them out. How long did it take for receive after purchasing? I ask but as of yesterday, a noreaster will hit Tuesday dumping 10-16" min.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

As it's vehicle custom made, to include any options you may select, it won't be in time for Tuesday's storm Kate. They're good, but not magicians.

I guess my snowblower is going to get one more use this season as well.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:38 AM
Breaking cars for fun.

Originally Posted by Kate Johnston
wow, a lot of love for California covers! I will definitely check them out. How long did it take for receive after purchasing? I ask but as of yesterday, a noreaster will hit Tuesday dumping 10-16" min.
Check out 'Weathershield HP" fabric. I think its similar to the 'Superweave' that California covers uses. Mine have held up well. Durable, good weather protection, and washable. With Amazon Prime, you might get it just in time (Or it could be delayed until *just after* the storm).
Attached Thumbnails The cover question-capture.jpg  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ok22
Check out 'Weathershield HP" fabric. I think its similar to the 'Superweave' that California covers uses. Mine have held up well. Durable, good weather protection, and washable. With Amazon Prime, you might get it just in time (Or it could be delayed until *just after* the storm).
BAM! MONEY! thanks for the link!
Old 03-12-2017, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Crud, wouldn't arrive in time. There is another storm coming the following Tuesday, so I should be set by then.

Originally Posted by Ok22

Quick Reply: The cover question