TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Dynamic Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamic Package

Has anyone ordered a TTRS with the Dynamic Package. I plan on ordering a TTRS very soon and I intend to daily drive it. I was curious how rough the ride is with the fixed suspension. The car I drive now has an extremely rough ride, comparable to a dodge viper and don't want to live through that again.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TradeMark
Has anyone ordered a TTRS with the Dynamic Package. I plan on ordering a TTRS very soon and I intend to daily drive it. I was curious how rough the ride is with the fixed suspension. The car I drive now has an extremely rough ride, comparable to a dodge viper and don't want to live through that again.
Nobody here will know, there aren't any in the states yet. Check the UK forum, there's some info there I suspect, but limited due to the small number available. I ordered without the dynamic package as this will be my daily driver, and every little bit of extra comfort helps. I wouldn't pay that much more money for a suspension and brake package oriented to the track if you are going to daily drive it and don't like a rough ride. The brakes won't make much difference on the street, at least not positive. The OLED tail lights are neat but I would spend my money elsewhere. Personal preference, but to me the easy choice was to go without that package. Only thing I actually wanted in it was the direct TPMS.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im actually surprised that not many ppl ordered the dynamic package. it would be a no brainer for me. from my experience, fixed suspension feels way better than mag ride. its funny though how most are saying its a track oriented package, the tts is great for the track ( and great for a daily ) so it goes well with it. ceramic brakes is pretty good even for street use, my buddy has it for his rs5 and he drives it in the street, and never tracks, and his brakes lasts way longer than the rs5's without it ( ymmv )

the price is def worth it for what ur getting, but of course to each their own
Old 05-25-2017, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The magnetic fluid damper's claim to fame is their very rapid adaptability to very uneven road surfaces (I've been impressed with them since I was tertiarily involved in their DARPA development for the HMMWV back in the 80's). Therefore they're really more for street use. I would agree that the more analog conventional dampers are better on track and arguably a better seat of the pants feel.

The bulk of the expense in the ceramic brakes are in the exotic rotors and will indeed last a very long time and remain very consistent throughout. The pads themselves are much more fade resistant than stock as well, but of course have to accommodate the wide range of street temperatures so still a composite but again very good ones (they should be for the $'s).

Originally Posted by Bknewtype
im actually surprised that not many ppl ordered the dynamic package. it would be a no brainer for me. from my experience, fixed suspension feels way better than mag ride. its funny though how most are saying its a track oriented package, the tts is great for the track ( and great for a daily ) so it goes well with it. ceramic brakes is pretty good even for street use, my buddy has it for his rs5 and he drives it in the street, and never tracks, and his brakes lasts way longer than the rs5's without it ( ymmv )

the price is def worth it for what ur getting, but of course to each their own
Old 05-25-2017, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
The magnetic fluid damper's claim to fame is their very rapid adaptability to very uneven road surfaces (I've been impressed with them since I was tertiarily involved in their DARPA development for the HMMWV back in the 80's). Therefore they're really more for street use. I would agree that the more analog conventional dampers are better on track and arguably a better seat of the pants feel.

The bulk of the expense in the ceramic brakes are in the exotic rotors and will indeed last a very long time and remain very consistent throughout. The pads themselves are much more fade resistant than stock as well, but of course have to accommodate the wide range of street temperatures so still a composite but again very good ones (they should be for the $'s).

typo on my part, I meant to say the ttRS is a car ud want to abuse, drive fast, and track imo ( which the dynamic package goes very well with ). if u want anything less, the ttS is sufficient. I balanced out the pros and cons of each, and concluded for my uses the tts was just fine, not worth the premium for the ttrs since I don't go all out racecar driving with it lol.

correct the bulk of the price is in them fancy rotors. its lighter too. and prettier. shoot, the ceramic brakes itself was a 6k option on the rs5, the stuff u get with the ttrs in this package makes it a bargain
Old 05-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a TT RS and skipped the dynamic package. I've heard so many good things about mag shocks I can't imagine forgoing them.

Many of us here have probably seen Matt Farah's Smoking Tire videos. He's driven hundreds of cars, from stock to crazy monster horsepower half mile cars, and he constantly says that true magnetorheological shocks are simply the best option out there, at least for street cars.

The OLED lights, which are inexplicably tied to the dynamic package, are the only thing in the dynamic package that I wish I could have ordered separately.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 589 Likes on 423 Posts

In Canada the OLED taillights are a standalone option.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arc77
I ordered a TT RS and skipped the dynamic package. I've heard so many good things about mag shocks I can't imagine forgoing them.

Many of us here have probably seen Matt Farah's Smoking Tire videos. He's driven hundreds of cars, from stock to crazy monster horsepower half mile cars, and he constantly says that true magnetorheological shocks are simply the best option out there, at least for street cars.

The OLED lights, which are inexplicably tied to the dynamic package, are the only thing in the dynamic package that I wish I could have ordered separately.
For myself, it was the direct TPMS. I'm definitely glad I skipped the dynamic suspension, this is a road car that can be tracked, not a track car that can be driven on the road.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Allow me to provide some insight.

The dynamic plus package (no dynamic package on TT RS, only RS 3) is the ideal performance package for the car. This setup is what is needed if you want the max performance out of the TT RS. Fixed suspension is "better" in terms of handling and performance, but it is very firm, especially on 20" wheels, compared to the magnetic ride. With the increased top speed limiter included with this package you also get direct TPMS, which like the R8 also provides temperature of the tires in addition to the pressure.

If you are going to daily drive the car and want a more comfortable ride then skip the dynamic plus package. If you want to know you have the maximum performance and enjoy a firm ride and don't care about the lack of suspension adjustability, then spend the money and go for the package.

Regarding the brakes, the stopping distance between the steel brakes and the ceramic brakes is the same. The difference is that the ceramics will repeatedly do routine back to back full stops without any fade.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Agree

Originally Posted by adg44
Allow me to provide some insight.

The dynamic plus package (no dynamic package on TT RS, only RS 3) is the ideal performance package for the car. This setup is what is needed if you want the max performance out of the TT RS. Fixed suspension is "better" in terms of handling and performance, but it is very firm, especially on 20" wheels, compared to the magnetic ride. With the increased top speed limiter included with this package you also get direct TPMS, which like the R8 also provides temperature of the tires in addition to the pressure.

If you are going to daily drive the car and want a more comfortable ride then skip the dynamic plus package. If you want to know you have the maximum performance and enjoy a firm ride and don't care about the lack of suspension adjustability, then spend the money and go for the package.

Regarding the brakes, the stopping distance between the steel brakes and the ceramic brakes is the same. The difference is that the ceramics will repeatedly do routine back to back full stops without any fade.

Hope this helps.
Every professional car magazine review I've read on driving the new TTRS has said that the fixed suspension is way too stiff for most folks as a daily driver.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Package