TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Exhaust Question (again?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exhaust Question (again?)

I’m sure this has been asked over and over but a refresh never hurts.

I went with Spoiler Delete as I found the spoiler a bit too bulky and I also went with NO sport exhaust.

I have no worries about the spoiler but since I didn’t get the sports exhaust, is there an inexpensive and effective after market exhaust to consider ?
Old 06-08-2019, 07:37 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kalch

I went with Spoiler Delete as I found the spoiler a bit too bulky and I also went with NO sport exhaust.

I have no worries about the spoiler but since I didn’t get the sports exhaust, is there an inexpensive and effective after market exhaust to consider ?
I would wait until you get the car, I also don’t have the sport exhaust and I really like the way the standard RS exhaust sounds. It's not quiet at all when you select the sport sound, it's very "gurgly" and with lots of pops, I think it really sounds fantastic.

In case you decide that you really must have the OEM sport exhaust with the black tips, not sure why anyone would, look here, it's around USD 1,200, almost the same as ordering it originally: https://www.audionlineparts.com/v-20...ust-components
Old 06-08-2019, 08:01 AM
PKT
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming you are talking about the RS, this is a low production number car so aftermarket exhaust is going to be pricey. There just isn't the demand to create affordable options. The OEM sport exhaust is a good deal for what it offers.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

... is there an inexpensive and effective after market exhaust to consider ?
High priced TTRS but looking for an inexpensive aftermarket exhaust? Does not compute!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. And enjoy whatever path you may take.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I opted for the sport exhaust as it allows you to select between fairly quiet noise output, or glorious growling.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:11 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JeffreyTT
I opted for the sport exhaust as it allows you to select between fairly quiet noise output, or glorious growling.
You do get the exact same button with the regular RS exhaust that does exactly the same to the exhaust, it's still a very loud exhaust in the sport position, just very slightly less loud and deep, it still sounds fantastic.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
High priced TTRS but looking for an inexpensive aftermarket exhaust? Does not compute!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. And enjoy whatever path you may take.
true. and point taken.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:42 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

I'll post one more time here at this topic to possibly make it a bit clearer how the standard RS exhaust sounds, and avoid a very common misconception, this may be useful to many people.

Looking through my stored links for the ordering process, I came across this video that really shows how my car sounds, listen for the first couple of minutes to hear how it sounds driven, and at 4:47 for the start-up sound.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an OEM Sport Exhaust if you want to go that route.
I went with AWE SwitchPath
Old 06-15-2019, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

where can i grab it from you and for how much?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question (again?)