TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Exhausts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhausts?

Does anyone have any recommendations on an exhaust system that sounds good?
Old 04-13-2019, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jongy
Does anyone have any recommendations on an exhaust system that sounds good?
I have and like the Milteck non-resonated. It, like the OEM system, is valved and is loud letting all the pops and burbles thru in the sport mode yet in the normal mode quiet enough to be neighborhood friendly. All stainless and made in England which in part accounts for it's $2,500 price tag.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by McTTRS
I have and like the Milteck non-resonated. It, like the OEM system, is valved and is loud letting all the pops and burbles thru in the sport mode yet in the normal mode quiet enough to be neighborhood friendly. All stainless and made in England which in part accounts for it's $2,500 price tag.
How much louder is it than the oem?
Old 04-13-2019, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jongy
How much louder is it than the oem?
I did a
but because the iPhone microphone has has an automatic sound level adjustment 'feature', the difference on the video was not that dramatic. From a subjective point of view, the sound in the normal mode is about the same as the sound in the sport mode of the OEM while in the sport mode it it probably 2-3X that.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Remember, loudness doesn't mean it sounds good....The TTRS sport exhaust is one of the best sounding stock cars there is.....I've not heard the regular exhaust or any aftermarkets....but I hear a lot of other cars that just plain make noise...and not a pleasant noise.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a Milltek on my B6 S4 and love it, would like to hear their system on the TTRS in person one day. The stock sports exhaust is fine but the 5 cylinder has more vocal range than the stock setup lets on.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
Remember, loudness doesn't mean it sounds good....The TTRS sport exhaust is one of the best sounding stock cars there is.....I've not heard the regular exhaust or any aftermarkets....but I hear a lot of other cars that just plain make noise...and not a pleasant noise.
Tod, I would say that is true but I would judge that in this case, changes in the exhaust note are only quantitative and not in any way qualitative.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Tod, I would say that is true but I would judge that in this case, changes in the exhaust note are only quantitative and not in any way qualitative.

Let me clarify, I wasn't in particular referring to your car and the sounds. They sound a lot like the factory sport exhaust to me....slightly louder. Hard to say unless I hear it in person. I was just saying to be cautious about changing it for the sake of changing it to be louder.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the vid and info. I’ve got a few questions.
How was the installation? Did everything line up well? Any issue with the finish on the tips?
Any drone? Did you do the secondary cat delete too?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sc98
Thanks for the vid and info. I’ve got a few questions.
How was the installation? Did everything line up well? Any issue with the finish on the tips?
Any drone? Did you do the secondary cat delete too?

Thanks in advance.
Install was done by the Audi dealer but the mechanic said it was easy. The finish on the tips looks stock. No drone and did not do cat delete.