TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Folding Mirrors

Old 01-08-2017, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Folding Mirrors

I admit it -- I must have messed a setting up but...

When I first bought the car, the mirrors folded in when I locked the car. Now... not so much. The setting under "central locking" is set to fold the mirrors, but it doesn't happen. On the door rotator switch, if I turn it to the "folded in" position, they don't fold in either.

I thought that the "central locking" check box should be checked. That's about it and if I wanted to manually fold them in, just rotate the door switch.

So... it's so simple right? What did I do wrong?

Arghhhh.....
Old 01-08-2017, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BigDan I believe the lock on the remote or the sensor on the door must be touched twice. I have mine off so I may be wrong.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TTSWV
BigDan I believe the lock on the remote or the sensor on the door must be touched twice. I have mine off so I may be wrong.
Thanks!

Unfortunately I tried to click the lock button twice from the remote and they didn't move. I'm in my office but will check the settings one last time when I leave.

thanks for the quick response.
BD
Old 01-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok - figured it out. My settings were all correct but if the door rotating switch is on the fold setting, nothing will happen automatically.

I set the rotator on the position between left and right, and locking the car folds the mirrors.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

For the passenger side mirror to lower when backing up (for curb viewing) the selector must be in the passenger position. The folding mirrors upon locking still work with the switch in this position.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is great info for a noob and future owner! Thanks!
Old 07-27-2017, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDanSRQ
Ok - figured it out. My settings were all correct but if the door rotating switch is on the fold setting, nothing will happen automatically.

I set the rotator on the position between left and right, and locking the car folds the mirrors.
Originally Posted by Huey52
For the passenger side mirror to lower when backing up (for curb viewing) the selector must be in the passenger position. The folding mirrors upon locking still work with the switch in this position.
Originally Posted by grey67
This is great info for a noob and future owner! Thanks!

This new owner thanks you all for the info.

I configured the mirrors to fold, but they just sat there! Just figured out the car has to be locked for the mirrors to fold.

Honestly, this car is incredibly complicated.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The MMI menu is indeed not very intuitive, but you'll soon have everything setup the way you want ... then as quickly forget how you did it (at least I do!).

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
This new owner thanks you all for the info.

I configured the mirrors to fold, but they just sat there! Just figured out the car has to be locked for the mirrors to fold.

Honestly, this car is incredibly complicated.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone know if it is possible to power fold both mirrors while you are driving, ie. gear in D.

I find it sometimes useful when squeezing into turning lanes or drive through at banks/fast food.

It also looks cool.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2018, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by StraySheep
Does anyone know if it is possible to power fold both mirrors while you are driving, ie. gear in D.

I find it sometimes useful when squeezing into turning lanes or drive through at banks/fast food.

It also looks cool.

Thanks
Just turn the mirror position switch to the fold position (either bottom left or right, can't remember). It's next to the position that turns the heaters on. In California it's legal for motorcycles to go between cars stopped at a light to get to the front. I fold them whenever I hear one coming by between the lanes, because I'm scared one of them is going to hit my (probably $5000) side mirrors...

Last edited by macaddict111; 06-21-2018 at 10:02 AM.