TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

From a GT-R to a TT RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default From a GT-R to a TT RS

Whats up everyone! Small introduction, I had 3 GT-R's previously before the TTRS. A full list of others performance cars... as far as the GT-R's ,..2 FBO E85's and one stock. Been lusting over the TTRS for over a year, went to the dealer, traded the GT-R and got a Nardo grey 2018 with dynamic package + black optics package. And I couldnt not be happier! This is an amazing car. Look forward to giving my full comparison once I get home!
Old 05-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats and welcome!
Old 05-12-2018, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Fantastic car....welcome...and you got the best and fastest color too!
Old 05-13-2018, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!!

Really interested in hearing your comparison to the GTR. Did you track your previous cars at all? Interested in hearing about what people think when coming from a rear wheel drive track car to the TTRS all wheel drive.

It's interesting to read a lot of reviews and comments about the 2018 TTRS saying yes it's very fast, turns in great, makes you a better driver than you are, etc., and then crap on it for being too much in control and not being able to drift and oversteer. However, the TTRS is designed to be fast and good on the track, not as a drift car. I don't see too many people complaining about the Lamoborghini Gallardo (AWD) sucking because you can't drift it. BTW– I know the TTRS is front engine and Gallardo is Mid-engine- but I was comparing the AWD aspects they share.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks everyone! This car is a blast

Ill start with the AWD of the GTR vs the TTRS... to be honest there is no comparison. The AWD system in the TTRS feels light years ahead of the atessa system The quattro is Probably the best AWD ive ever experienced.

The transmission also goes to the TTRS, by a long shot. Smooth as butter, you never hear it, ever! Gear shifts are lighting fast, smooth and ready to go. Its never hunting for the right gear. With the GTR regardless of what transmission logic you put on it, the thing is clunky, loud and confused at times. The only thing about the GTR is in auto mode when you floor it, the definitely down shifts faster than the TTRS. But when in gear in manual its the same. And it kills it in the DD department.

Handling is hard to say, the TTRS feels way better and more composed but that could be decieving. But if i had to pick, id take the TTRS. I have the dynamic plus package with the fixed rs suspension and its amazing. The GTR was rough and raw, very jarring. My GTR was fitted with michelin pilot sport 4s tires so it was glued pretty well. I didnt track it, so its negligible either way. But the weight difference does make a glorious difference. Hard to say, hard to say

Audio TTRS, case closed

fit and finish TTRS not even worth the a comparison

looks are subjective... the GTR has on the best profile of any car ever. Pure sex there

and now on to power... when comparing a CBA GTR to the TTRS i believe they are dead even. The tq in the GTR was nice. The weight difference plays a big part. The TTRS is a rocket however, cant wait to put the stage 1+ on here. Its ridicules how fast and hard this car moves. Absoutely effortless! When comparing a DBA GTR, Id say the GTR wins. Rolls will go to the GTR. I know there is a review out the between a 2017 GTR vs TTRS that shows them close but that was not a good showing for the GTR. I think with stage 1+ the TTRS WILL over take it. I got ahold of the guy who bought my GTR and we are going to do some video comparisons to see. His is a CBA GTR. Would love to see an Fbo e 85 GTR vs an Fbo e85 TTRS to be honest I think it would be very very close. Once you mod any year GTR the factory power differences dont mean jack. They are identical. The power difference mainly came from the tune, they added turbo inlets also but thats negligible. Thats all I can think of at the moment.. any qyestions lmk. This is probably the funnest and best car ive ever owned!
Old 05-13-2018, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Thanks ZTTRS!

That’s great info and commets on your experiences. The one thing about the TTRS is how fast it accelerates and just goes-with AWD there’s no push from behind it just feels like the whole car is moving as one unit. Hard to really describe.

I really am looking forward to get my TTRS on the track. A GTR owner drove his car on the local track here and gave up after about 3 laps. The track here has a lot of tight turns, elevation changes and not very long straightaways. He said the car didn’t lke the quick shifting required. From your comments that makes sense.

Have fun fun and report on any mods you make.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the comparison. For someone who is considering a TTRS either later this year or early in 2019 it is always good to have these types of mini-reviews. You say you bought one with the fixed sport suspension so I am wondering if you had the chance to drive one with the standard mag-ride shocks? The roads around my house are bad enough that I would most likely want the mag-ride but it would be nice to be able to try both.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did ride in a magnetic ride TTRS, and it was smooth, the Fixed RS feels tighter but not rough by ANY means. Very civil. Coming from the GTR it felt like a touring car when not pushed. I love the RS suspension
Old 05-14-2018, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My New

My past
Old 05-14-2018, 07:59 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Great comparison!

Before you start tuning or mod'ing your car you should really check out Iroz Motorsport in LasVegas, they are really doing some next level work and have left their competitors in the proverbial dust. They have lots of videos on youtube and Malaka does some great videos on their builds. I was on the Unitronic train and running their 1+ tune but have since moved on and am way happier with Iroz/CCI tuning.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: From a GT-R to a TT RS