TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

From a GT-R to a TT RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock CCs aren't great for track but I'm sure are nice on the street. Definitely a major win for wheel cleaning!

Thanks for posting the write-up, I had to go research all the acronyms from GT-R land. Echoed many of my sentiments from when I was shopping around!
Old 05-17-2018, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ormandj
The stock CCs aren't great for track but I'm sure are nice on the street. Definitely a major win for wheel cleaning!

Thanks for posting the write-up, I had to go research all the acronyms from GT-R land. Echoed many of my sentiments from when I was shopping around!

Are you implying that the CC brakes perform the same as the steel brakes?
Old 05-17-2018, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by milo337

Are you implying that the CC brakes perform the same as the steel brakes?
No, I'm stating they don't hold up infinitely at the track and cost a fortune to replace, thus making steel brakes a much better proposition if you track often. These aren't the same carbon brakes you see on Formula cars, either, nor are our tires, and either set of brakes will out brake the grip available. Fade won't be a problem with the right rotors, cooling, and pad material. A good steel setup will do just as well and not cost a small fortune every time you're replacing rotors and pads.

I'm also not suggesting the stock steel brakes are a great track setup, either. The AP Racing setup posted recently is a better setup, especially with the right pads to swap in for track time.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the carbon ceramics, i find they brake extreamely well. Much better than oem GTR brembos. But I do not track my car, so for day to day and spirited driving/weekend fun... they are awesome overkill. To me, well worth the upgrade.

So far no gripes about the car, my plans are rear wing delete, rear seat delete, 2nd cat pipe deletes, air filter and a solid tune
Old 05-19-2018, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZTTRS
I did ride in a magnetic ride TTRS, and it was smooth, the Fixed RS feels tighter but not rough by ANY means. Very civil. Coming from the GTR it felt like a touring car when not pushed. I love the RS suspension
Just to follow up on this I tested a TTRS today with the fixed sport suspension and had no qualms about it. In fact, it rode better than my current MX-5. I still don't think I would order that package for my own car but neither would I discourage someone else from a car that had that option. It felt very planted and tight and is a good setup for that car.

Anyway, if you want my full thoughts I posted them in a new thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...ughts-2949750/
Old 05-24-2018, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call me crazy but the RS suspension really feels like a touring suspension until pushed. I think I would have been personally unhappy with the magnetic ride tbh

So far this car has blown all my expectations out of the water.

anyone know how to remove the rears? I had this on all 3 of my previous GTR's and would love it here.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was genuinely surprised at how good the fixed sport suspension felt on the road. If I could get it as a stand alone option I would seriously consider it. I have been in cars that were much stiffer and with much less compliance which leads me to believe that a lot of the complaints from journalists were overblown. To anyone who is on the fence I would strongly urge you to try it for yourself.