TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

How to do map update on 2017 TT Coupe?

Old 07-21-2017, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to do map update on 2017 TT Coupe?

2017 Audi TT Coupe.

I have downloaded the map update to an SD card, but when I insert the card into the media player, it says data is not playable.

Does anyone have step by step instructions of how to do the map update?
Old 07-22-2017, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bwittig32
2017 Audi TT Coupe.

I have downloaded the map update to an SD card, but when I insert the card into the media player, it says data is not playable.

Access the main menu
scroll down to settings and select
press the left side aluminium hot key
you should now see an option for system maintenance
click on that and follow the instructions
Old 07-22-2017, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

For completeness (and since I can't seem to find it) where on the MyAudi site are the Map updates? https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi Thanks.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Huey52
For completeness (and since I can't seem to find it) where on the MyAudi site are the Map updates? https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi Thanks.

It's a rare opportunity when I can help Huey a bit in return for all the advice he's given me on the board!

When you log into myaudi, in the lower right side is Audi connect services. If you click that, it launches a new window that has a bunch of icons, one of which is the map update.

FYI, you need to have Java installed on your computer to download. The Audi Connect map download is a tiny little applet that you launch to download the maps. I had to use my work computer.

North America is roughly 10.5GB.

Last edited by grey67; 07-22-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks very much!

Originally Posted by grey67
It's a rare opportunity when I can help Huey a bit in return for all the advice he's given me on the board!

When you log into myaudi, in the lower right side is Audi connect services. If you click that, it launches a new window that has a bunch of icons, one of which is the map update.

FYI, you need to have Java installed on your computer to download. The Audi Connect map download is a tiny little applet that you launch to download the maps. I had to use my work computer.

North America is roughly 10.5GB.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bwittig32
2017 Audi TT Coupe.

The link to the download??.....please!!!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by D3M3TR3S
The link to the download??.....please!!!
Go to my.audi.com

It's under the selection Audi Connect (6th down on the menu)

Then you should see Map Updates 2017/2018

To register, I think you need your VIN plus create a username/password

The full Canada/USA/Mexico package is 10 GB, although you can also download the maps you need by region
Old 07-08-2018, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just downloaded and installed the maps using the above instructions. Here's what I did:
  1. Go to https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/overview and use your login
  2. Click on the "Audi connect services" icon, it's the 2nd one on the right-hand side of the page just below the picture of your car (mine is a 2017 TT)
  3. This takes you to something like: https://my.audi.com/content/us/myaud...ffic-online_v1
  4. There is a horizontal row of 7+ icons, click on "Map Update" (3rd icon for me)
  5. I checked to download "Complete Package" but you can also download Individual Country Package for one of [ Canada Mexico 5 different sets of US states ]
  6. My Chrome browser complained about the SSL certificate for download04.audio.com - I told it to proceed anyway
  7. It downloaded a NLP Java program: downloader-03e4a7fe-1725-460b-b31f-2db369d5c2a8.jnlp
  8. I double-clicked the NLP Java program and it asked for permission to run the Audi Connect Download Client published by AUDI AG - Press the Run button
  9. A dialog comes up and asks for a download folder, then downloads the 10.2GB
Web page instructions say:
1.The latest map updates can be downloaded here free of charge and then installed in the vehicle via SD card. You can download and install the updates an unlimited number of times. The Map Update includes the first five updates to the version of the map installed at the factory. The updates are issued every six months.

2. Transferring the new map package overwrites the map package currently stored in the MMI.
The currently installed version can be found in the MMI under -> Setup MMI -> Version information -> Navigation database country versions.

3. You can also have the new map data installed by an Audi dealer (there would be a charge for this service).
Old 07-09-2018, 02:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Some cross pollination for visual learners.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1#post12663796
Old 07-09-2018, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

I remember doing this and it not showing up at first too. It had to do with the SD Card being in the wrong format. For example it was in FAT or NTFS and should have been something else? FAT32? Just maybe try different formatting options if you're doing everything right and the car just doesn't see the card.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to do map update on 2017 TT Coupe?