TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

IF YOU WANT A PDF SERVICE MANUAL

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I value your comments Rapture. Would it be possible to post one page that shows a typical step-by-step procedure just to further illuminate those on the fence? TIA

I had an Audi tech manual extract when I replaced my stock instrument cluster hood with a leather insert and it was certainly adequate, but again not the level of detail you get with some 3rd parties such as 034 Motorsport, .... nor the excellent DIY's posted my fellow forum members!

Originally Posted by Rapture
I bought the manual. It's fantastic. 5300 pages worth. A bargain for anyone that works on their vehicle.

Last edited by Huey52; 12-08-2018 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Huey52
You mean Vaiolation wouldn’t provide the best example?

There were too many examples and I was just overwhelmed.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I just got the manuals for my TT-RS... and they look like legit Audi shop service manuals. And for those wondering... yes they show step by step how do to things.

Thanks viaolation!
Old 12-09-2018, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by crester
I just got the manuals for my TT-RS... and they look like legit Audi shop service manuals. And for those wondering... yes they show step by step how do to things.

Thanks viaolation!
You are very welcome. I was thrilled to find it and I am sure the manual will come in handy for a lot of MK3 TT owners.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
I value your comments Rapture. Would it be possible to post one page that shows a typical step-by-step procedure just to further illuminate those on the fence? TIA

I had an Audi tech manual extract when I replaced my stock instrument cluster hood with a leather insert and it was certainly adequate, but again not the level of detail you get with some 3rd parties such as 034 Motorsport, .... nor the excellent DIY's posted my fellow forum members!
Hi Huey, what's nice about this manual is that it covers completely everything about the car. For example I would like to remove the trim piece on the lower side of the seat around the switches to possibly have it wrapped in leather. The manual shows exactly how to do that and if it requires any special tools, etc. and I would not worry about digging into this. For me, I'd also like to remove the airbag cover, sun visors, and a few other items and the details are all here. It's not as detailed as aftermarket part suppliers that sell a few items for the car, but I'm sure they use this type of manual when they are developing their parts to understand how things come apart, etc. It's an invaluable tool for anyone that wants to work on things that are not already available via DIY's on sites like this. It's a factory manual so it is designed for mechanics that have a fair bit of knowledge on working on this brand of vehicle.

I have not looked yet, but I'd also like to see if it explains the wiring for the TPMS to help with that install. I'm sure it's in there though.

I can't figure out quite how to copy single page from the PDF to show you.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks Rapture for the further insight, which is as I expected. Certainly adequate for any shade tree mechanic/enthusiast.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rapture
I can't figure out quite how to copy single page from the PDF to show you.
Depending on the PDF Viewer that you are using you can usualy select PRINT then enter the page range (or single page) then toward the bottom of the PRINT DIALOGUE BOX there will be a PDF option then you can SAVE as a PDF rather than print the page. Hope that helps.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by vaiolation
I have been looking everywhere for a service manual for my 2018 TT RS and I have finally found a good source. It cost me $79.99 but I consider it well worth it based on the level of detail and amount of information. It contains almost 5,000 pages of information including color diagrams. If you are interested here is a link to the source: https://www.factory-manuals.com
If you pay for a 1-day subscription to Audi's official online service guides https://erwin.audiusa.com/ , they are indexed and linked PDF's and can be saved to your local computer and used forever. I subscribed and saved all the service guides, service advisories, recalls, diagnostics, special tools, and so on to my local machine. The cost for one day is $30 or $60 for three days. It's a bit tedious to save them all, but you do get the most up-to-date versions and a lot more information in addition to the repair data.

I've attached an example page