TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

IF YOU WANT A PDF SERVICE MANUAL

Old 12-04-2018, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes to all your questions. It has disassembly directions for pretty much everything that might need to be serviced. And it does have electrical diagrams. Any page can be printed. They recommend that you save the PDF to multiple devices as the download is only available for a limited time. I saved it to my computer, iPad, iPhone and a thumb drive (Department of redundancy Department).
Old 12-05-2018, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

LOL, well done and I would too.

Thanks for the trailblazing and insight on this handy documentation!!

Originally Posted by vaiolation
....(Department of redundancy Department).
Old 12-05-2018, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I have been looking everywhere for a service manual for my 2018 TT RS and I have finally found a good source. It cost me $79.99 but I consider it well worth it based on the level of detail and amount of information. It contains almost 5,000 pages of information including color diagrams. If you are interested here is a link to the source: https://www.factory-manuals.com
Does this manual include troubleshooting, regular maintenance routines, special tools required etc? The sample page you included looks like a very basic info on parts layout only. Can you compare this manual to the Audi one?
Old 12-05-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes to all your questions. It has disassembly directions for pretty much everything that might need to be serviced. And it does have electrical diagrams. Any page can be printed. They recommend that you save the PDF to multiple devices as the download is only available for a limited time. I saved it to my computer, iPad, iPhone and a thumb drive (Department of redundancy Department).
Thanks, I'm gong to get it, and save it several places also.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does list specialty tools required for some applications. It does have some basic operations as well as some that are quite involved. If you are referring to the Audi Owners Manual then it is far more detailed and inclusive.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

It does list specialty tools required for some applications. It does have some basic operations as well as some that are quite involved. If you are referring to the Audi Owners Manual then it is far more detailed and inclusive.
I should have been clearer re degree of detail provided.For a shade tree mechanic (me) the things that spell trouble (sometimes fatal) are non issues for the experienced mechanic familiar with the usual ways of the particular manufacturer. All he needs is an "aide memoir". The amateur guy needs include: order of assembly, cautions about wrong steps, special tools, diagnostics, special small tricks for assembly/disassembly of small (usually electrical) parts w/o breaking them. Yamaha motorcycle repair manuals and most older car service manuals provide that information.
From your response and sample page this service manual is not for amateurs, I will pass. BTW Owners Manual is not a repair manual.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would agree that this appears to be the type of tech manual that Audi line mechanics would use and therefore more an "aide memoir" as you nicely cite. But as a shade tree guy myself I've found this type manual adequate, albeit takes me more time than a pro. It's not the type of step-by-step that you would get from say 034 Motorsports for their products (very well done!), but again far better than none at all.

btw: some vehicle manufacturers provide far more do it yourself insight within the Owner's Manual than others, Mazda being one. Audi doesn't really want the average owner to touch anything other than topping up fluids.

Originally Posted by morris39
I should have been clearer re degree of detail provided.For a shade tree mechanic (me) the things that spell trouble (sometimes fatal) are non issues for the experienced mechanic familiar with the usual ways of the particular manufacturer. All he needs is an "aide memoir". The amateur guy needs include: order of assembly, cautions about wrong steps, special tools, diagnostics, special small tricks for assembly/disassembly of small (usually electrical) parts w/o breaking them. Yamaha motorcycle repair manuals and most older car service manuals provide that information.
From your response and sample page this service manual is not for amateurs, I will pass. BTW Owners Manual is not a repair manual.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
I would agree that this appears to be the type of tech manual that Audi line mechanics would use and therefore more an "aide memoir" as you nicely cite. But as a shade tree guy myself I've found this type manual adequate, albeit takes me more time than a pro. It's not the type of step-by-step that you would get from say 034 Motorsports for their products (very well done!), but again far better than none at all.

btw: some vehicle manufacturers provide far more do it yourself insight within the Owner's Manual than others, Mazda being one. Audi doesn't really want the average owner to touch anything other than topping up fluids.
That's just one page out of hundreds. I'm pretty sure the official service manual shows repair procedures. I bought one for my Porsche and it showed you step by step how to do everything.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You mean Vaiolation wouldn’t provide the best example?

Originally Posted by crester
That's just one page out of hundreds. I'm pretty sure the official service manual shows repair procedures. I bought one for my Porsche and it showed you step by step how to do everything.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought the manual. It's fantastic. 5300 pages worth. A bargain for anyone that works on their vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IF YOU WANT A PDF SERVICE MANUAL