TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

No ACC on TT - when?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No ACC on TT - when?

I can't believe that there is no ACC on the TT line. I really like this car, but the price point on the TT really has me wondering, Dealer was heavy on the technology in this this car, but I can get this tech on a Toyota without any additional cost.

When will they finally add this to the TT?
Old 11-28-2017, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Ummm...what is ACC? Thanks.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VGM911
Ummm...what is ACC? Thanks.
Active Cruise Control
Old 11-29-2017, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

It's a car to be driven....I've owned 3 TTs since 2011 and never use the cruise....
Old 11-29-2017, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I never use cruise control either. But no argument on the price point; certainly some sticker shock. However when you spend quality time in arguably the highest quality interior in the industry .... you get what you pay for.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do less highway driving these days, so I don't really need cruise control (actually, I never used it much even then). And....I don't use the radio, either. I enjoy the sensory input from the car, which is music to my ears.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My plan is to drive this car across the US for an extended vacation. I expect that we'll be on major expressways for most of it. I have this feature on our Camry and after using it, I can't see buying another car without it. I just hope it makes it in the MY19 version. If it does, I'll probably be demanding the dealer to take my money!
Old 11-29-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The TT isn't the best long distance hauler, although darn good for a sports coupe. A longer wheelbase GT ride would be much more comfortable.

Camry? Really? Credibility gone. (Just teasing. Toyota's have always been solid, reliable, good bang for the buck vehicles, and Lexus excellent luxury brand until recent bizarre styling.)

Originally Posted by Paul King
My plan is to drive this car across the US for an extended vacation. I expect that we'll be on major expressways for most of it. I have this feature on our Camry and after using it, I can't see buying another car without it. I just hope it makes it in the MY19 version. If it does, I'll probably be demanding the dealer to take my money!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

ACC is not an option on the TT, not even outside the USA, neither is it an option for the much more expensive R8. Regular cruise control is all there is for those models. The TT and R8 are sports cars with less creature comforts than other models. That's what differentiates a GT from a sports car. The latter is more spartan and not necessarily meant to be driving long distance or in the daily grunt, whereas a GT is meant to travel long distances at speed and in comfort, but also provide thrilling sports car like handling when desired.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
The TT isn't the best long distance hauler, although darn good for a sports coupe. A longer wheelbase GT ride would be much more comfortable.

Camry? Really? Credibility gone. (Just teasing. Toyota's have always been solid, reliable, good bang for the buck vehicles, and Lexus excellent luxury brand until recent bizarre styling.)

I agree wholeheartedly agree about Lexus styling taking a bizarre turn; what were they thinking?!!

As for the TT being a good long-distance hauler, I find that it works quite well for me because:

a) it has comfortable seats and a good seating position,
b) it is fairly quiet at cruising speeds,
c) it has superior braking capabilities,
d) its acceleration is impressive,
e) it gets good gas mileage,
f) even though small, it has lots of storage space for luggage with the rear seat backs lowered,
g) the virtual cockpit maps provide important and useful information when traveling, and
h) the standard 18" wheels provide a comfortable and compliant ride that soak up road bumps/irregularities.

The car does so many things well in my view that it's a good, all-around performer.

Last edited by VGM911; 11-29-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Quick Reply: No ACC on TT - when?