TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

little rant: tired of people saying our cars is just a golf r with 2 doors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2007 VW GTI so far has been my favorite car ever. So, comparing the TT --> RS to a VW is not a bad thing. I just know the TT RS is so so much more. In end, if this car is a glorified VW GTI than I know I made the right choice in car. I wanted to make a huge jump in car and the Golf R did not justify the jump in cost. So I jumped higher to the TT RS. I am still waiting to pick it up in Aug. Yes, I am buying this car without ever test driving it. I am basing it completely on what the forums state and reviews. This comparison just reassures I made the right choice.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harris4crna
My 2007 VW GTI so far has been my favorite car ever. So, comparing the TT --> RS to a VW is not a bad thing. I just know the TT RS is so so much more. In end, if this car is a glorified VW GTI than I know I made the right choice in car. I wanted to make a huge jump in car and the Golf R did not justify the jump in cost. So I jumped higher to the TT RS. I am still waiting to pick it up in Aug. Yes, I am buying this car without ever test driving it. I am basing it completely on what the forums state and reviews. This comparison just reassures I made the right choice.
YOU made a life changing choice ...

everytime me I get in the car ..and drive it ..pays for itself

cant say enough great things about how impresssed I am with the 18 TTRS (went from a 3.2 Quattro TT that I absolutemy love, love , loved)

i also bought site unseen and no test drive ..from a dealer far away and shipped it

Joe
Old 04-08-2018, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I love my TT but really look forward to owning a Golf R someday. A very special cult status car.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

R32, yes, but Golf R....I am not so sure. Yes, look forward to getting into the TT RS for the first drive.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Drive one and you’ll know
Old 04-09-2018, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm always amused how people have such strong opinions of cars they've never owned or driven. When someone questions the TTS I drive, I politely remind them my other car is a Lotus Elise. I sold my VW CC Sport and bought the TTS because I wanted my daily driver to appeal to the same senses the Lotus does. It does...

Last edited by JFHughes08088; 04-14-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Drove a GTI yesterday after many years since owning one and was reminded just how complete and capable a "hot hatch" it is. The Golf R is of course the ultimate expression of that heritage, and as we know shares a good deal of architecture and components with the TTS.

btw: made a Home Depot run yesterday and was again reminded of the unexpected utility of this year 'round TT Sports Coupe.

VAG has some great models that they continue to refine and advance.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know why the comparison is made (because of the shared MQB platform) but the Golf and the TT have more differences than similarities when you get right down to it. It doesn't bother me any and it certainly won't deter me from giving a very close look to the TTRS for my next ride.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

The Golf R is SOOOOO much like the TTS...

*gets in to pretty-much-all-aluminum TTS, sits on Napa Leather in utterly perfect driver-orianted cockpit, fires up first vehicle with Virtual Cockpit, enjoys Magnetic Ride, computer-controlled exhaust, turns on turn signals, all of the LED's swiping, goes to dealer, complains about slight vibration, gets fixed in one day with brand-new also-Audi loaner*

They're definitely similar cars, but nobody's going to know your Golf R is actually fast, much less drool over it and say "Nice Audi!" like I get all the time... Plus the dealer experience is like apples to oranges...
Old 04-10-2018, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

As grown *** men (my son’s fav line) do we really care if others drool over our cars? The stealthiness of the R is the entire idea.

Quick Reply: little rant: tired of people saying our cars is just a golf r with 2 doors?