TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Love my TTS But I have one dislike

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love my TTS But I have one dislike

really loving my 2016 TTS. Other than the seat repair issue (ongoing) I do have one thing that I don't like. The rear wing. I want a fixed rear wing that is more aggressive in appearance. Like the TTRS. I saw a new TT in nashville at the Audi dealer. I really like the fixed rear wing. So I know I can purchase one but there is the issue of the wing rising automatically . I asked the shop manager "what are my options?" the answer was interesting. The Audi dealer will not do what he suggested. Wink,wink. basically I could have a fixed rear wing installed and simply disconnect the fuse that controls the current wing. So I don't know. Does anyone have any experience with this or is this a 1st world problem that I should learn to deal with. I just think this car looks so much better with an aggressive fixed wing.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

IMHO - First world problem. I feel the same way but when I think about spending that much on a Wing I could instead get other, more functional mods.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I like to think that my on-ramp to 75 mph rising spoiler is entertaining to the other motorists in my wake. It's kinda our TT civic duty.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
I like to think that my on-ramp to 75 mph rising spoiler is entertaining to the other motorists in my wake. It's kinda our TT civic duty.
When passing somebody in a previous TTS, I would hit the spoiler button after getting back below 75 and thought of it as the "TT wink". Now have a TT RS and miss the active aero so much that when I get a new TT RS, I would probably go for the spoiler delete option to get the active aero. Different stokes for different folks I guess.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

You would have to completely remove the active spoiler first. The base of the fixed spoiler goes where your active spoiler currently sits. Also there might be fitment issues. There is often a slight difference in the shape of the trunk lid between the models, so the TT fixed spoiler or the TTRS fixed spoiler is not guaranteed to fit the shape of the TTS. Definitely a first world problem, though.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
You would have to completely remove the active spoiler first. The base of the fixed spoiler goes where your active spoiler currently sits. Also there might be fitment issues. There is often a slight difference in the shape of the trunk lid between the models, so the TT fixed spoiler or the TTRS fixed spoiler is not guaranteed to fit the shape of the TTS. Definitely a first world problem, though.
Really? I thought that the fixed wing was just adhered to the existing wing and that they coded the active wing to be "off."

Personally, I like the active wing. Its unique. Not many cars you see every day have a wing that pops up on its own. That being said, from my understanding the wing can be manually activated at any speed. I'd probably just keep mine up all the time.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Why would you get rid of it?! Active aero is like my favorite thing ever as I punch it and pass slow motorists and get above 77...
Old 06-08-2018, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

same here. I would love a stage 1 tune which would make a bigger impact than this. it is just a pet peeve of mine. when its up I like it but I it goes down too often when I am in town. not a big issue but something I would like to change but it looks like a bigger money issue than needed
Old 06-08-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Ok my mistake. The 2018 TT looked as though it had the same rear end as mine that had a fixed spoiler on top of the active piece. same frame,same profile so I assumed it was the same as the active version
Old 06-08-2018, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by -Yeti-
Really? I thought that the fixed wing was just adhered to the existing wing and that they coded the active wing to be "off."

Personally, I like the active wing. Its unique. Not many cars you see every day have a wing that pops up on its own. That being said, from my understanding the wing can be manually activated at any speed. I'd probably just keep mine up all the time.
the shop manager led me to believe that the only difference was the active option was simply made inactive. the fixed spoiler looked like an aftermarket that was mounted on top

Quick Reply: Love my TTS But I have one dislike