TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Made the ultimate upgrade from my TT....to an R8!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Made the ultimate upgrade from my TT....to an R8!!!

Well, the best Christmas gift ever became a reality. With my TT lease coming to an end soon, I had a one-track-mind to move to an R8. The Audi Driving Experience in Texas just got me hooked on the R8, and I couldn't go through life without owning a V10. It makes zero financial sense, but you only live once! The bank account is a little leaner, but the smile on my face just won't stop. Starting it up and listening to that angry V10 never gets old, and the acceleration is brutal. It's almost shocking how well the adaptive dampers ride in comfort mode, better than my TT actually. It's like driving an A4 when you cruise in comfort, but put it in dynamic and crack off some 9,000 RPM shifts and it's hard to believe it can have two opposite personalities. It will be my daily driver, and I'm interested in seeing how it goes in the snow ($2,000 20
snow tires are a big investment).

I must admit, the black optics package with the black wheels is not my favorite look, but it does compliment the car and the red brake calipers do add some pop. Contrast stitching inside would have been a big upgrade over the all-black interior, but I had limited choices on standard cars to dealer trade for. Also sad to miss out on laser headlights. However, I must say, the standard anthracite inlays look better in person than in photos, and the non-leather dash is really a high quality padding that (get this).....is texturized in the Audi Sport rhombus pattern, a cool touch. I would have preferred a more heavily optioned car, but payment creep and availability convinced me to concede on a car that was stretching the budget as it was. As cool as Plus cars are, I must say I think the base car is heavily overlooked and is a pretty solid value for what you get for the money. I'm not one to normally compromise on what I want, but that V10 just took priority over colors/options this time.

My TT is one of 16 that are red with the Audi Design Package, and it's a really sweet ride that I will miss. I sure wish it would go to another appreciative owner who has cared for it like me. So if you know of someone interested in a certified 2016 TT with under 40,000 miles and meticulously cared for I know where one will be off-lease soon. The interior still is a knockout on the TT, and I'll miss the 3-tone colors inside and anthracite metalwork with the diamond-stitched seating.

I had the chance to take a few nice photos (someone, with no snow in December which is so unusual). Just wanted to share my excitement with a group of owners that I know would be equally excited. It's been a memorable week, and I'm looking forward to driving a V10 every day!

Old 12-26-2018, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default AWESOME!!

Congrats on the upgrade!
Old 12-26-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Lucky Devil��
Old 12-26-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

boy I LOVE that car. so happy for you. keep the pics coming. what forum will you be active on?
Rick
Old 12-26-2018, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Sadly there is no action on the R8 forum, so I guess I won't have any place to be very active on the forum any more. It's a shame the TT is sold in such few numbers there is not much action here either.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I’m going to make an executive decision and say you stay here with us. To a person I know we’d love to hear all about the R8 dd journey you’re embarking on.

your S3 track buddy must be PISSED LOL.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

You swung for the fences this time Having spent significant time with these, you are going to absolutely appreciate what the car is, and how completely useable it is. It is absolutely fantastic how complete a car it can be (cargo space notwithstanding!)
Old 12-27-2018, 05:54 AM
wbw
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car! Congrats.
Hang around here so that we can live vicariously through you. I lurk around here and I don't own an Audi. I've got a cousin (GTI) and wish that I had a TTRS.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

FarmerJones is too much of TT enthusiast for me to think of him any other way !

That said - for sure, keep the pix coming of that fabulous new R8. A video would help, too
Old 12-27-2018, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great choice!!!

Quick Reply: Made the ultimate upgrade from my TT....to an R8!!!