TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Made the ultimate upgrade from my TT....to an R8!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 06:14 PM
isb
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Helluvan upgrade!
Old 12-27-2018, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Sadly there is no action on the R8 forum, so I guess I won't have any place to be very active on the forum any more. It's a shame the TT is sold in such few numbers there is not much action here either.
Hawt-dayum. That’s a sweet ride. (Drove laps in an R8 Vegas once - I approve. I’d love me a BO White Spyder one of these lifetimes...)
Keep us updated. More photos as you get ‘em.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 12-27-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

I feel pretty confident I'm the only farmer in the state that has a daily driver R8, LOL. It's gonna get a lot of car washes, from both mud and snow! It's probably the most fun, impractical decision I'll ever make! Sadly, there has been some delay in winter tire shipment, and I'm still on summer tires. 50 degree temps (which is crazy for a December winter) allowed me a few road miles, but it's parked in the garage until the winter tires come. Once they do I'll be sure to offer some more feedback and photos on the driving experience. I still just wander out to the garage and open the door and take a gander. Start it up and listen to the V10 burble. Then play a song on the B&O and head back in the house. Real car guys totally will understand that!!! LOL However, I've been driving the TT and I gotta say, that car looks sooooooo good, and the interior is still one of the coolest designs out there.

Last edited by farmerjones; 12-27-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

It appears Iowa really is Heaven. Well played and I'll skip my customary "enjoy" as I have no doubt you will.

Originally Posted by farmerjones
I feel pretty confident I'm the only farmer in the state that has a daily driver R8, LOL. It's gonna get a lot of car washes, from both mud and snow! It's probably the most fun, impractical decision I'll ever make! Sadly, there has been some delay in winter tire shipment, and I'm still on summer tires. 50 degree temps (which is crazy for a December winter) allowed me a few road miles, but it's parked in the garage until the winter tires come. Once they do I'll be sure to offer some more feedback and photos on the driving experience. I still just wander out to the garage and open the door and take a gander. Start it up and listen to the V10 burble. Then play a song on the B&O and head back in the house. Real car guys totally will understand that!!! LOL However, I've been driving the TT and I gotta say, that car looks sooooooo good, and the interior is still one of the coolest designs out there.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BIG CONGRATS! Perfect timing as the holiday season is here. My dream car is also the R8 and can't wait until the day I can finally drive that beast. Are you leasing the R8 as well?
Old 12-31-2018, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh my. I am a little envious for sure but in a good way. Beautiful car. I love the gray with black wheels. I am really struggling with my 2016 TTS. I love it but I am a manual transmission guy. So I drove an older r8 manual and that was a mistake for me. My wife and I loved it. Have a blast! Its an incredible car. I was so close to purchasing an older model but the maintenance was too much of a factor. You are protected from that however so enjoy it to the fullest.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's leased for 2 years, 12,000 miles. Snow tires are on, and I just drove through my first winter storm. It really is an all-weather car. Also just took my first road trip and I can't believe the ride. Seriously, in comfort mode I think it rides better than my friends S3 on the interstate. 21.5-22 MPG seems to be the MPG on the interstate. Never could have imagined a V10 car with this much power could drive like a normal car for road trips. Tossed in my carry-on suite case in the frunk and hit the road. Also, the base of the B&O audio is superb, and such a better system than my TT. I still have some pothole anxiety along with parking curbs and the front end, but you almost forget this is a "super car" to the point the purchase is anti-climatic to a degree. But that V10 sound at startup reminds you where the payment goes....what an engine, an that wail as you shift at 9,000 RPMs!!!
Old 01-02-2019, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You mention you’re the only farmer with a R8. I guess with 100% certainty nobody ever posted pics of a R8 doing farm chores.
you should post pics:
in the barn with combines
with farm animals
on farm roads
at the grain vendor
next to a horse

Old 01-02-2019, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I can assure you there will be MANY hilarious farm photos with an R8 in the background that many "supercar owners" will find either hilarious or be horrified!!!! The winter offers fewer photo options at the moment on the farm since this is the least busy time on the farm. I was, however, thinking about staging a good cow chase/race with the R8 in the snow, LOL.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats! love the color combo.

Quick Reply: Made the ultimate upgrade from my TT....to an R8!!!