TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

MirrorTap Power Cords

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Grey, works with Dash Cams, follow link in my original post.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Grey, works with Dash Cams, follow link in my original post.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I (unfortunately) already purchased a dashcam before finding this product, and it seems that 99% of the dashcams that are out there use microUSB rather than DC inputs. Now I know better, and next time will look for a 12-v DC input version.

Would love to see these guys make a microUSB version, since those are so common.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grey67
I wish it were possible to do that with dashcams. I'm guessing the mirror tap doesn't draw enough power to drive one. But now I've got a USB power cord running across the top of my windshield down the A-pillar and under the carpet to reach the cigarette lighter port. Very annoying.

Check out the Blendmount website. There is a tab for dash cams.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just did mine today. Really easy. I had short multimeter cables so I popped the reading light panel and scrapped a little paint there to get the ground. Really easy.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! Mine is coming today, what wires did you tap? I don't have a multimeter, I was already thinking I was going to the store for one.

I just did mine today. Really easy. I had short multimeter cables so I popped the reading light panel and scrapped a little paint there to get the ground. Really easy.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TK42ONE

Originally Posted by krafty
Looks good! Mine is coming today, what wires did you tap? I don't have a multimeter, I was already thinking I was going to the store for one.

I just received mine this morning. If anyone has or could document the install, specifically which wires plug in where, this TOTALLY "electrically-inept" owner would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 07-31-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There is an installer locator on their website if you would like to have someone install it for you.

https://www.mirrortap.com/locator.html
Old 07-31-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
There is an installer locator on their website if you would like to have someone install it for you.

https://www.mirrortap.com/locator.html

Thanks!

I've done it before on a 370Z, and it just helps seeing someone do it on a car similar to the one you are working on. Knowing exactly which contacts to plug into, how to remove the mirror support cover, etc.is a big help.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Thanks!

I've done it before on a 370Z, and it just helps seeing someone do it on a car similar to the one you are working on. Knowing exactly which contacts to plug into, how to remove the mirror support cover, etc.is a big help.
The cover just slides up and pops off. The first 2 wires in the molex connector were 12V+ accessory and ground.

Last edited by krafty; 08-01-2017 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by krafty
The cover just slides up and pops off. The first 2 wires in the molex connector were 12V+ accessory and ground.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Quick Reply: MirrorTap Power Cords